Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page why did jose hit the 9 this way?
Page 19 of 21 « First 9171819 2021

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#271)
croscoe
Looking to Improve
croscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-31-2019, 11:59 AM

51 now 52 and still asking WHY. WHY OH WHY did he hit it that way. LOL

Old
  (#272)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute

09-04-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle84 View Post
If that's the case then give us a link. I'd love to see Tony demonstrating some of your techniques.
You have multiple pool sites? How bout some links to those also.

Here's my response containing the facts:
In the 8 second video I see a carpet, a pen, a hand and forearm (which I assume are yours) and some round thing (I don't know what it is) sitting on the carpet. What I don't see are a pool table, a pool cue or a cueball.
If you think that demonstrates or proves your assertions about swooping then your out of your mind.

How many times do I have to tell you I have no interest in a lesson. My reason for the review post was to give one of your satisfied students an opportunity to tell us how great you are. Didn't happen.

Re: lesson/ You're in Fla. I'm in NH. How can I possibly get a lesson? Through some video chat platform? Once again you're displaying your ignorance if you think you can give any kind of effective pool lesson that way.

Re: swooping/ No one is disputing that some people address the CB in a certain way and then hit it elsewhere. This could be by swooping or something else. It's irrelevant however. The exchanges between you and I and those between you and others have nothing to do with swooping. You can't seem to grasp that.
It's that you continue to make incorrect and/or way out in left field statements (and sometimes out and out fabrications) and when questioned fail to provide any evidence supporting them. You can gloss over this all you want but I can give plenty of examples if you'd like. From this thread, other threads on AZB and from liveabout.com/mattsherman. Let me know, it's a long weekend, I'm not doing much and am in need of some entertainment.
I have answers for all of your questions above, but let's start with you going back and answering a single question I've posted for you in this thread, since I've asked you about two dozen questions!

Start with this one: "How do top playing pros who aim and practice stroke at the absolute base of the cue ball for all shots get english without a swooping stroke?"

-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, book/DVD combo, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool

Last edited by BilliardsAbout; 09-04-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Old
  (#273)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute

09-04-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croscoe View Post
51 now 52 and still asking WHY. WHY OH WHY did he hit it that way. LOL
Quite difficult to see clearly due to camera angle and blurry video, but looks like he hit the cue ball with the right edge of his cue stick tip, the cue moving left, imparting a bit of left spin with a small swoop.

-- Matt Sherman

Last edited by BilliardsAbout; 09-04-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Old
  (#274)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-04-2019, 10:33 AM

They could be moving their bridge hand to the spot where they want the cue to go to
rather than maintaining the bridge position

Old
  (#275)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

09-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliardsAbout View Post
I have answers for all of your questions above, but let's start with you going back and answering a single question I've posted for you in this thread, since I've asked you about two dozen questions!

Start with this one: "How do top playing pros who aim and practice stroke at the absolute base of the cue ball for all shots get english without a swooping stroke?"
Duh. 2 posts ago (#270) I addressed that question. You must have missed it, or possibly, saw but failed to comprehend (why am I not surprised). Anyway, I'll repeat myself .
"Re: swooping/ No one is disputing that some people address the CB in a certain way and then hit it elsewhere. This could be by swooping or something else."

Okay, now you can answer the questions I asked as you said you would (highlighted in blue above).
Wait...hold the presses. I just realized you didn't actually say you'd answer my questions.
Yeah what you said is "I have answers for all of your questions above". Just because you have the answers doesn't mean you're actually going to divulge them.
Sorry, my mistake. Let the doublespeak march on.

Old
  (#276)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com

09-05-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Duh. 2 posts ago (#270) I addressed that question. You must have missed it, or possibly, saw but failed to comprehend (why am I not surprised). Anyway, I'll repeat myself .
"Re: swooping/ No one is disputing that some people address the CB in a certain way and then hit it elsewhere. This could be by swooping or something else."

Okay, now you can answer the questions I asked as you said you would (highlighted in blue above).
Wait...hold the presses. I just realized you didn't actually say you'd answer my questions.
Yeah what you said is "I have answers for all of your questions above". Just because you have the answers doesn't mean you're actually going to divulge them.
Sorry, my mistake. Let the doublespeak march on.
I have answered every question you've posted until the most recent, exceptionally rude post. I've answered some of them with 9 or 10 separate points, with no replies. You are yet to answer the question, so I'll rephrase:

What is the "something else" that is not swoop (a change of direction on the final forward stroke), since they aim at absolute dead center, then backstroke to absolute dead center on the final stroke?

-- Matt Sherman

Old
  (#277)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com

09-05-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
They could be moving their bridge hand to the spot where they want the cue to go to
rather than maintaining the bridge position
You are saying pros move the bridge hand during their final forward stroke, aiming at the base of the ball, backstroking to dead center, then moving the bridge hand on the final forward stroke, as in the OP?

-- Matt Sherman

Old
  (#278)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

09-05-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
You are saying pros move the bridge hand during their final forward stroke, aiming at the base of the ball, backstroking to dead center, then moving the bridge hand on the final forward stroke, as in the OP?
itís just speculation

Old
  (#279)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com

09-06-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
itís just speculation
I like speculating on pool techniques. But sparkle will be unable to use that for an answer to my question.

-- Matt Sherman

Old
  (#280)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-06-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I like speculating on pool techniques. But sparkle will be unable to use that for an answer to my question.
https://youtu.be/MnT22XJlDHo?t=579

I speculate it was just bad follow through. You can even see his cue steer to the right when he got up early .
https://youtu.be/MnT22XJlDHo?t=579

Lord, that 9 was a hanger and the cue ball was in no danger of scratching unless he drew it .
The 9 also went in almost hitting the end rail facing. He hit it a little fat.

Here , he shoots a perfect center follow when you think he needed a little inside.
https://youtu.be/MnT22XJlDHo?t=478

But, people are going to think he's doing some top secret stuff. Well, some anyway.
Reminds me of people claiming Earl Strickland turns the cue on his follow through to get more spin.

Last edited by JoeyInCali; 09-06-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Old
  (#281)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post

But, people are going to think he's doing some top secret stuff. Well, some anyway.
Reminds me of people claiming Earl Strickland turns the cue on his follow through to get more spin.
Geez, I wonder who that might be. Anybody we know?

Old
  (#282)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member

09-06-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I have answered every question you've posted until the most recent, exceptionally rude post. I've answered some of them with 9 or 10 separate points, with no replies. You are yet to answer the question, so I'll rephrase:

What is the "something else" that is not swoop (a change of direction on the final forward stroke), since they aim at absolute dead center, then backstroke to absolute dead center on the final stroke?
I'll answer that just to make you happy and then maybe you could answer my questions from post #270. You know, the ones you said you had answers to.
Let's see...where to start? Oh, I guess maybe at the transition point from backstroke to forward stroke.
I'm not going to say whether I paused or not cuz that's a secret.
Anyway, first I took some practice strokes aiming at the base of the CB and also at the center of the CB. Now I'm ready to hit the ball.
I could come straight forward but I kinda wanted to put some right english on the CB. Let's not forget that we don't want to miscue, that would be a disaster.
Hmm, what to do. I've got it, I'll do a swoop stroke. No,no, wait a minute,I can't do that. BilliardsAbout already knows how to swoop. He's looking for "something else".
Hey, how bout this. What I'll do is, I'm going to send the tip of my cue directly at the point I want to hit on the right side of the CB.
Impossible you say. Nope, it's pretty easy actually. Not only that but top pros have been doing it for a hundred plus years.
How is that possible? I'll tell you what. You answer the questions I asked in post #270 and I'll tell you how it's done... for free.
Is that a deal or what.

Hint: the future resides in the past and, part of the following is not necessarily reality but just your perception----"since they aim at absolute dead center, then backstroke to absolute dead center on the final stroke"

PS---Bet PJ can figure it out.

Last edited by sparkle84; 09-06-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Old
  (#283)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Hint: the future resides in the past and, part of the following is not necessarily reality but just your perception----"since they aim at absolute dead center, then backstroke to absolute dead center on the final stroke"

PS---Bet PJ can figure it out.
I don't think there's much sense in arguing this nonsense, but of course you could angle the cue on the final stroke by moving the back hand sideways on the back stroke (straight forward stroke) or on the forward stroke (swooping forward stroke).

I think doing more than one stroke with the cue angled is best.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#284)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member

09-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Nonsense is correct. I feel like such a moron because everyone else gave up on trying to reason with About long ago.
You all saw it was hopeless and here I am still beating my head against the wall.
Well, no more, I've seen the light.
I have no regrets though. I think through all our efforts we've spread the word that it would be a huge mistake to actually pay money to this guy for a lesson.
Gonna swoop on over to the 14.1 forum where I belong.

Old
  (#285)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

09-08-2019, 06:00 PM

That guy ruined any reasonable discussion we might have had on the subject.

Page 19 of 21 « First 9171819 2021

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: