Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page The Rich Really Do Pay Lower Taxes than You
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
So, if a bunch of leftists decide the government should spend a couple trillion dollars more next year to build an even more massive welfare state (aka, d'rat voting bloc), we'll all just agree to suck it up and fund their evil aims?
And, do those who don't pay taxes still get to vote for me to pay more?
Those people would be voted out as soon as people saw their tax bill. Its all about accountability. The population of a reasonable poverty line would not be enough to influence massive amounts of spending. Spending money would actually have visible consequences to the vast majority of people.

Old
  (#17)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-09-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surffisher2a View Post
Those people would be voted out as soon as people saw their tax bill. Its all about accountability. The population of a reasonable poverty line would not be enough to influence massive amounts of spending. Spending money would actually have visible consequences to the vast majority of people.
I'm not sure that I agree, but appreciate the sentiment.
I may have become skeptical of the American voter after they twice elected obama (a man who'd never even had a real job in the private sector and clearly didn't like this country).
Far too many slugs in this country vote for hack politicians who promise to steal from other citizens and give the slug-voter some of the spoils in exchange for their vote (or two or three if they live in a d'rat ran town like Chicago, L.A., or New Orleans).

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#18)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
And yet.

Economics

Top 3% of U.S. Taxpayers Paid Majority of Income Tax in 2016
By Alexandre Tanzi
October 14, 2018, 9:00 AM EDT Updated on October 16, 2018, 1:45 PM EDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
No, the Poor Don’t Pay Higher Taxes Than the Rich

By Phillip W. Magness Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Full article: https://www.aier.org/article/no-poor...her-taxes-rich
Bottom line...the wealthy pay more money.
If these people left, they would leave a third world country to fend for itself.
Canada is in a similar situation.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#19)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Bottom line...the wealthy pay more money.
If these people left, they would leave a third world country to fend for itself.
Canada is in a similar situation.
Amen to that!
I love it when liberals claim that the rich got wealthy 'stealing from the poor'! And they do so with absolutely NO IDEA how ridiculous, childish, and insane it is to even say it.

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#20)
Steve Dickey
AzB Silver Member
Steve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 01:33 PM

I tend to look at those numbers and say something is very wrong with a system consisting of 320 million people and only 140 million (44%) pay any federal taxes. Further, of those 140 million, 70 are only paying 3% of the burden. So 22%, or 70 million of our 320 million are paying 97% of the taxes and are told we need to pay "our fair share". Give me a break.

Old
  (#21)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
And yet.

Economics

Top 3% of U.S. Taxpayers Paid Majority of Income Tax in 2016
By Alexandre Tanzi
October 14, 2018, 9:00 AM EDT Updated on October 16, 2018, 1:45 PM EDT

So this ^^^ does not contradict the OP in the slightest. You cite a report concerning only federal income tax, for 2016, under the old federal tax rates. It has literally nothing to do with the OP report.

The OP report is about the total effective tax rate (considering taxing at all governmental levels), NOW, after the federal tax rate changes. And, as it says, this is the first time this has happened: that THE very richest people (top 400) had THE very lowest effective total tax rate of any taxed group.

So, saying that wasn't so three years ago is an entirely non sequitur supposed rebuttal, that has no rebuttal power to it. As in, zero relevancy whatsoever. What, did you think it was some kind of powerful refutal or something?

Quote:
For the first time on record, the 400 wealthiest Americans last year paid a lower total tax rate — spanning federal, state and local taxes than any other income group, according to newly released data.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#22)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
I don't a give flying fug what ANYONE else pays in taxes. I care what I pay in taxes and it's too fuggin much.
It'd be less irritating if a huge swath of our citizenry wasn't sitting around doing nothing except collecting a check from Uncle Sugar that I'm being forced to pay for. In common parlance, they're known as welfare rats, but I prefer the more accurate term, d'rats.
How is my life made any better or worse by someone paying more in taxes?
I hate how the left has turned so many adults into whiny ass little bit*hes, who spend all day worrying about whether somebody else has more money than they do, or how much someone else is paying in taxes.
Mind your own gawddamn business, you sniveling little snots.

Another classic CO post...they never get old.

Old
  (#23)
EddieBme
AzB Silver Member
EddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dickey View Post
I tend to look at those numbers and say something is very wrong with a system consisting of 320 million people and only 140 million (44%) pay any federal taxes. Further, of those 140 million, 70 are only paying 3% of the burden. So 22%, or 70 million of our 320 million are paying 97% of the taxes and are told we need to pay "our fair share". Give me a break.
^^^^^Strongly Agree^^^^^^

Eddie

Old
  (#24)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
So this ^^^ does not contradict the OP in the slightest. You cite a report concerning only federal income tax, for 2016, under the old federal tax rates. It has literally nothing to do with the OP report.

The OP report is about the total effective tax rate (considering taxing at all governmental levels), NOW, after the federal tax rate changes. And, as it says, this is the first time this has happened: that THE very richest people (top 400) had THE very lowest effective total tax rate of any taxed group.

So, saying that wasn't so three years ago is an entirely non sequitur supposed rebuttal, that has no rebuttal power to it. As in, zero relevancy whatsoever. What, did you think it was some kind of powerful refutal or something?
Sure it does.
It provides perspective.

Some people would snivel about the tax rate for the wealthy being to little if it were at 100%.

It is always entertaining to see jealousy raise its ugly head.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#25)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

10-09-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Sure it does.
It provides perspective.

Some people would snivel about the tax rate for the wealthy being to little if it were at 100%.

It is always entertaining to see jealousy raise its ugly head.

We're talking about a political party that has no compunction with killing babies and now talk about eating them.

Old
  (#26)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever

10-09-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBme View Post
^^^^^Strongly Agree^^^^^^

Eddie
As do I.
Good to see you posting here.
We need more folks like you to offset The Dolt, The Pedophile, and The Bright But Exceedingly Dishonest Hack.

Neil Peart

Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#27)
gunzby
My light saber is LD
gunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 17375

10-09-2019, 07:45 PM

It's amazing that you don't realize how inaccurate this article is. Let's start from the top. Warren Buffett claiming he paid a lower tax rate than his secretary. I think he claimed that he paid 15% at that time. What he left out is that he also donated 99% to charity and has a team of accountants to help with the last 1%. Imagine donating 99 cents on the dollar and the government still wants 15% of that last penny.

Second is the sample size. They went with the top 400 vs the bottom half. As if this isn't a shit comparison you seem to forget that the bottom 49% pays 0 effective tax rate.

This garbage was cooked up for you and you gobbled it up like it was the best meal you've ever had.

Yes my custom cue also doubles as a light saber. You might say that it shoots lights out. You are now activated Agent 92395. Obtain the funds from Goldman Sachs and deposit into my Swiss account. This message will make you shit your pants in 5 seconds. Sev found it first.

Old
  (#28)
gunzby
My light saber is LD
gunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post

Considering that the bottom 49% pay no federal taxes I'd say it does contradict it. Most ppl little to no state or local taxes unless you live somewhere like NY or California. This is before even taking into consideration the dishonest as all hell sample size of 400 vs the rest of the country.

The dishonest narrative is obvious. It's quite sad that ppl will jump all over this garbage without so much as a thought.

Yes my custom cue also doubles as a light saber. You might say that it shoots lights out. You are now activated Agent 92395. Obtain the funds from Goldman Sachs and deposit into my Swiss account. This message will make you shit your pants in 5 seconds. Sev found it first.

Old
  (#29)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunzby View Post
Considering that the bottom 49% pay no federal taxes I'd say it does contradict it. Most ppl little to no state or local taxes unless you live somewhere like NY or California. This is before even taking into consideration the dishonest as all hell sample size of 400 vs the rest of the country.

The dishonest narrative is obvious. It's quite sad that ppl will jump all over this garbage without so much as a thought.
The effective tax rate in NYS is 60%

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#30)
gunzby
My light saber is LD

10-09-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
The effective tax rate in NYS is 60%
Thankfully I have no plans on moving there to be forcefully enlightened

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: