Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page GM unveils a radically new Corvette
Page 12 of 13 « First 2101112 13

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#166)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-15-2019, 01:24 PM

2020 Corvette C8 Stingray Z51: First Drive

Not great, but good. And a sign of amazing things to come.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...st-drive-test/
Attached Images

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#167)
Cuaba
Livin Large
Cuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5000

10-15-2019, 01:56 PM

A buddy let me drive his new C7 Z06 over the weekend. I'm used to driving fast in my V10 R8.

I was shocked at how loose and sloppy the C7 is. It wants to wander when going straight, and the rear tires break loose when you mash the gas. Under full acceleration it is a job keeping it straight, let alone through corners.

The R8 drives like it's on rails, and stays dead straight under full acceleration.

I'm hoping the mid-engine layout will solve the Vette's handling problems.

Old
  (#168)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuaba View Post
A buddy let me drive his new C7 Z06 over the weekend. I'm used to driving fast in my V10 R8.

I was shocked at how loose and sloppy the C7 is. It wants to wander when going straight, and the rear tires break loose when you mash the gas. Under full acceleration it is a job keeping it straight, let alone through corners.

The R8 drives like it's on rails, and stays dead straight under full acceleration.

I was watching some stuff on you tube. Anyone going fast in that car should be scared. I've seen a few instances where the driver lost control of it and smashed it up.

They should not have released any of those to the public, people are gonna die. They've got a mess to clean up.

I'll take the most tricked out Ford GT instead.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#169)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
I was watching some stuff on you tube. Anyone going fast in that car should be scared. I've seen a few instances where the driver lost control of it and smashed it up.

They should not have released any of those to the public, people are gonna die. They've got a mess to clean up.

LOL yes and all you have to do is pay for it at roughly $ 450K.

Old
  (#170)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-15-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketron View Post
LOL yes and all you have to do is pay for it at roughly $ 450K.
It actually ended up closer to $500K. Plus you had to apply and beg them to take your 1/2 million dollars too. I know a few guys who are local to me(Texas) that have them and you would think they won the lottery by being allowed to own one. Great cars but the terms to get one were kind of offensive if you ask me. I am happy for them however because it was a dream come true for them.Now on the secondary market a few are coming available and they are closer to 1.1 million..plus.

The Vette even the newest ones have always been a compromise between great performance and price. You see that in a lot of the interior pieces. The newest one is a level up in that area however.

The new C8 R is going to be a beast!

Last edited by Dead Money; 10-15-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Old
  (#171)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:

The V10 R8 is amazing. Drives like a regular car until it is party time

Old
  (#172)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member

10-15-2019, 11:19 PM

C8R

Old
  (#173)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post

LMAO.

Willow Springs - Streets of Willow

C7 Stingray - 1:24.55
Porsche 911Carrerra - 1:25.60

And at the world famous Nürburgring it hit 7:39 on the 12.9 mile course. 2 seconds off the 911's best ever time. 2 seconds. The vette was driven by a Chevy engineer, not a pro race driver. Oh, i'm sure he's damn good, but he's still not a pro. It was NOT even the ZR1, but a Stingray with Z51 suspension package. The same dudes that set up the Z28 that beat the 911 at Nurburgring. I'm sure they just got lucky, they had the wind to their backs or something

So, yes, I agree, some people should NOT be allowed to own fast cars but lets not blame the car. I can show you utube videos of folks crashing Ferrari's. It happens. Sure is not the car.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 10-16-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Old
  (#174)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
LMAO.

And at the world famous Nürburgring it hit 7:39 on the 12.9 mile course. 2 seconds off the 911's best ever time. 2 seconds. The vette was driven by a Chevy engineer, not a pro race driver. Oh, i'm sure he's damn good, but he's still not a pro. It was NOT even the ZR1, but a Stingray with Z51 suspension package. The same dudes that set up the Z28 that beat the 911 at Nurburgring. I'm sure they just got lucky, they had the wind to their backs or something

So, yes, I agree, some people should NOT be allowed to own fast cars but lets not blame the car. I can show you utube videos of folks crashing Ferrari's. It happens. Sure is not the car.
I totally agree that not everyone is equipped to handle speed. I've had several sport bikes that would easily go over 150mph. People would say to me, I'd kill myself if I had one of those. To which I would reply, then you should never own one.

Maybe they've worked the kinks out of it, idk. I do know I saw two crash as pace cars iirc. They weren't getting crazy in it or driving like idiots. Back end started kicking around and the next thing you know, their sideways in the road. The vehicle has or had stability issues, that's known.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#175)
Cuaba
Livin Large
Cuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5000

10-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
LMAO.

There is no doubt that Vettes can go fast. The car I drove has 650 BHP. I know the stats, and I've seen the track results.

But they are much more difficult and dangerous to drive fast than real supercars. I did not feel confident driving it fast.

Old
  (#176)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 01:03 PM

My first and last GM. Aside from a bit of hiccups the service was 5 star pathetic. LS2 with a slipping clutch directly from the showroom. One dealer was so bad I’m permanently damaged from ever owning or taking a GM as a gift. Especially a Corvette. And it hurts to say that.
Attached Images

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 10-16-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Old
  (#177)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 01:07 PM

2020 Corvette C8 Z51 Track Test! - One Take

https://youtu.be/nUHNATBzFjE

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#178)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
There is no doubt that Vettes can go fast. The car I drove has 650 BHP. I know the stats, and I've seen the track results.

But they are much more difficult and dangerous to drive fast than real supercars. I did not feel confident driving it fast.
Actually, go fast and handle well. Those were the track results. Nobody is claiming a Vette is a Lamborghini, McLaren or a Ferrari. But, then again, what is? There is a reason they cost $250K or more. And why they have the fastest lap times at the Nurburgring.

Dangerous? You can't get those track numbers out of a C7, stock, if it was some how "dangerous". The test drivers would have HAMMERED it. It would have been in every car magazine. There is nothing or nobody anywhere saying the C7 is dangerous, or handles poorly. Nobody. I'm sure if you look hard enough, there will be that one guy that cracked it up.

but, not a MT, Car and Driver, or the various driving schools, or even on line, I could not find a thing about it. I think the power is just too much for some folks. Most folks online love it. I test drove it before I bought the C6, and I loved the handling. I had no problem putting it through its paces and the sales guy was not the least bit nervous. I had to catch myself few time cause when I was hitting the turns, I realized I was going much faster than I thought I was..... those brakes came in handy on a few of them lol

But, lets be honest, nobody is pushing their cars to the limit. Most people will never need nor use all the handling aspects and HP that they have. Not really into hitting corners in the hood at 65mph

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 10-16-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Old
  (#179)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:

A few years ago a guy with his teenage son pulled up when I was trading in my 2013 GT500. His son was eyeballing mine, and I was eyeballing his dad's Lol. Among many others, I also had a C6 Z06 for a while, besides the horrible seats, the steering was noticeably loose...didn't care for it at all.

Old
  (#180)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

10-16-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
A few years ago a guy with his teenage son pulled up when I was trading in my 2013 GT500. His son was eyeballing mine, and I was eyeballing his dad's Lol. Among many others, I also had a C6 Z06 for a while, besides the horrible seats, the steering was noticeably loose...didn't care for it at all.

LOL. The seats I can agree with. But, not horrible, just not good. The interior is cheap plastic, almost everything squeaks when you open or close something. More funny than anything. But, it is an American car, so there is that, LOL

TZAR Tips now available.

Page 12 of 13 « First 2101112 13

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: