Pool Cue Extension

I was wondering if anyone has tried these out, its a 4-inch extension that goes between your butt and shaft. I am thinking about buying one.

Balance Rite forward weighted pool cue extension for 3/8 x 10 Thread Joint. This 4" extension conveniently go between your shaft and butt to give you that little extra length you need on some shots. The Extension weighs approximately 2oz. This extension is designed to be used on every shot.

brf10.jpg

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I was wondering if anyone has tried these out, its a 4-inch extension that goes between your butt and shaft. I am thinking about buying one.

Balance Rite forward weighted pool cue extension for 3/8 x 10 Thread Joint. This 4" extension conveniently go between your shaft and butt to give you that little extra length you need on some shots. The Extension weighs approximately 2oz. This extension is designed to be used on every shot.

brf10.jpg

It takes too long to install it.............

Kim

i think its been made to make your cue 4 inches longer and you use it for every shot (earl strickland'ish lol) I am very curious and want to try it out.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing that gets me about that product is I wouldn't use it for every shot. If you do use it all the time it changes the characteristics of your cue. Different weight, balance. No thanks.

The thing that gets me about that product is I wouldn't use it for every shot. If you do use it all the time it changes the characteristics of your cue. Different weight, balance. No thanks.

i am not sure exactly what characteristics it changes and thats why i would like to hear from someone that has actually tried it. i think it would be easy to get used too.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am not sure exactly what characteristics it changes and thats why i would like to hear from someone that has actually tried it. i think it would be easy to get used too.

I havent used it but I promise that it does change the weight and balance. It potentially could change other things too... for example the joint. Not saying the thing is junk but screwing it on for every long shot would suck and using it all the time could have a negative impact on how your cue plays.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seyberts sells another Extension that goes on the end of the butt, quick on, quick off. Adjustable Collette type connection. Around $65, works rather well.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This extension is for someone who wants a longer cue and is not really meant to be taken on and off in between shots.

Understood. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a custom cue made to spec/length? I have to believe inserting this piece into any cue would have a significant affect on the feel/playability of that cue.

jt1

Registered
It could be uglier. How about an orange one made out of a 5 ball.....?

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Altho it is a good idea, it takes too long to put together if you are not going to use it on every shot. Also, you'd have to make sure that the joints are very close to your existing cues measurements or it might drive you nuts.

As for extensions, you'd be much better off getting your local guy to make a
4 or 6" extension for the butt of your cue. Much easier that way.

I tried a friends telescoping slip on and I didn't like it one bit. It was the same brand that another AZ member, Wedge bought and he didn't care for his either.

A custom screw on the butt extension is in my opinion, the best way to go.
Screw it off and slip it in your back pocket.

Exactly the same as a Mezz extension. You could buy the Mezz kit and have your guy modify it to your needs, pin etc. If you use a big pin, that can be done as well.

Last edited:

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
pleeeeease...............bad visual

Whaaat, I was talking about this one, I use a uniloc joint and also have a little rubber with a thread on it that I can put in there. It's made of very light wood so the balance is not too bad.