Earl and Jayson - The Next Pool Rivalry?

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This weekend was another incendiary installment in these fellas' enduring bitter saga.

Many may remember it all started a several years ago at the Ginky Memorial, when Earl bested Jayson and aggravated him to the point where Shaw snapped his jump cue at the conclusion of the match.

While I think that Jayson has matured in many ways since then, this weekend proved that Earl is still wily enough to tweak the youngun's buttons.

I almost feel that these two are like a dysfunctional father and son in their relationship. They are similar in their playing style, talent, and raw emotional nerve.

The Ko/Shane rivalry has fizzled in recent times, but the next time Earl and Jayson butt heads in a tournament it will surely be must-see TV.

It was unfortunate how things turned out for the 14.1, but this may add a little juice that pool could use.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
This weekend was another incendiary installment in these fellas' enduring bitter saga.

Many may remember it all started a several years ago at the Ginky Memorial, when Earl bested Jayson and aggravated him to the point where Shaw snapped his jump cue at the conclusion of the match.

While I think that Jayson has matured in many ways since then, this weekend proved that Earl is still wily enough to tweak the youngun's buttons.

I almost feel that these two are like a dysfunctional father and son in their relationship. They are similar in their playing style, talent, and raw emotional nerve.

The Ko/Shane rivalry has fizzled in recent times, but the next time Earl and Jayson butt heads in a tournament it will surely be must-see TV.

It was unfortunate how things turned out for the 14.1, but this may add a little juice that pool could use.

Didn't they share an apartment together at one point in time?

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanna see a challenge match between them, maybe $100k in the middle, race to 100 10-ball on a 10-footer at Steinway

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I wanna see a challenge match between them, maybe $100k in the middle, race to 100 10-ball on a 10-footer at Steinway

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't see game 25 in that match,...... on a GOOD day !
:grin-square: :rolleyes:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If they ever pull this off, the only one who can ref this match is Michaela
Supporting cast:
Crowd Controller - TD John L
Rack Boy- The napping ref for Earl v Jayson 10 or 2 match
Ring Boy- Charlie
Cornerman for Earl- Earl
Cornermen for Jayson - Karl Boyes, Tony Drago and any pro pool player

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone saying Earl would get torched, you so sure? I'd be willing to put up a couple hondo on Earl in said match.

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think Jayson definitely has the advantage in a short race, but there's very few players who can hold focus for a race to 100. Shane, Alex, Efren, Earl, Dennis...not many more. I'm not sure Jayson is at that level of maturity yet.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
i think Jayson definitely has the advantage in a short race, but there's very few players who can hold focus for a race to 100. Shane, Alex, Efren, Earl, Dennis...not many more. I'm not sure Jayson is at that level of maturity yet.

Jayson had a titanic struggle with Justin....
...he got sunk by the Berg