Did Shane catch a bad skid?

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane’s missed 8 ball was a real dagger yesterday. Does anyone think he was the victim of an untimely skid?

It was kind of hard to tell since it was a stun shot that was hit at speed. I’m only postulating because the first thing Jayson did when he jumped out of the chair was to ask the ref to clean the cueball.

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk the answer to your question but in my experience it usually skids on the exact line u hit it in......if the balls are super dirty which they were not u get more skid off line but I think its a lot less than most people think it is..... only if the object ball is very far from the pocket do I think you would actually cause a miss.....all this is IMHO I could b wrong

mbprod

Registered
No skid - he was almost dead straight and had to cheat the pocket so that he could follow 2 rails down. When you have to do that you MUST smooth stroke the ball to allow it to take the change in angle.

He over amped the shot - the harder you hit it when you are trying to cheat an angle, the less it will take.

Tough shot - has to be absolutely precise.

He just wasn't perfect - it is that simple.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is interesting that at the end of the Shane v. Jayson match last night, Shane was bearing down on a fairly easy shot in the corner pocket to win the match.

Jayson returned to his corner and took off his glove and started unscrewing cues.

Shane missed.

Jayson could not get to the table fast enough and, as we all know, won the match.

In the post-match interview, Jayson said he took off his glove early because that is what Dennis Hatch did in a match that Dennis was involved it.

What is this tit-for-tat crap? Some in social media say that should have been a foul on Jayson's part, and him additing in national TV in the interview, well, that does not bode well either.