greytop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
P1010462_zps19lubcqn.jpg

P1010463_zpsoeh1h0tt.jpg

P1010464_zpsbdgsm1pz.jpg

Cue section: ivory joint, radial pen, flat faced, white with green speck, ivory hoppe ring, black butt cap with bumper, 29 inches, 15.3 ounce, rolls flat.

Shafts: (2), 12.9 to 13mm diameter, one rolls flat the other about .010" roll out in center, 3.8 and 3.9 ounce, ivory ferrules, black bands at joint.

No trades, usa only. $2400.00 shipped and insured. Do not bump, use the pm.

*******read more info about the cue below**************

P1010407_zpsr4a5tuxk.jpg

P1010461_zpsb20zgknv.jpg

Bought this cue a few years ago and placed it in storage, seldom take the cues out and use them any. I've never had any problems with warpage or finish defects due to storage. Checked the cue earlier this year and found this area on the butt sleeve.

Sent the cue section to Bob Frey in April to look at since he had worked with Tim Scruggs for years. I thought either a new butt sleeve would be needed or the current sleeve needed repair. Apparently the original titlist blank did not completely cleanup at the butt sleeve when turned down to the needed measurement.

Bob told me that the sleeve area in question had been treated by Tim or someone with a adhesive (he could see) to stabilize the wood before a finish was applied. Bob further stated he would leave the cue as it is since no harm has been done to the cue. Appears neither the outside finish or the inner adhesive has been effected over the years. Apparently the cue left Tims shop as seen here? Having owned quite a few Scruggs I can't believe Tim would let this out of his shop either.
Any questions or comments let me know.

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
No

Theirs no way Tim let that cue out of his shop with that crack in the butt it goes all the way
down it. If i had to guess someone repaired it that way.
Tim did better work than that and i cant believe he let that out of his shop.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
You guys are nut bags

If Mike or Tim didn't see any harm and thought the Cue needed the original wood because it was just perfect in tone and grain they would do everything they could use the real parts.
AND I WILL TELL YOU ALL THIS. THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING.
Beauty,
Nick