Heating system in carom tables

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many people put stories in this forum about heating systems. Yes, everyone was right.
But I have different point of view on this matter. Now in America more than a dozen different models of carom tables in use. Some has naked heating elements, some coated, some films, 110V and 220V. Some with sensor, some without. Some sensors inside the slates, some on the heating plates, some underneath the heating plates, some show just grades.
So, what temperature are we talking? Does everyone has a temperature gun? Are you sure every inch of the playing area keeps the same temperature? One table in the private house, 9’ ceiling or 14’ ceiling?
After 28 years working with the billiard tables, being honest I still don’t have a clear answer. Most manufacturers suggest 10 celciers above the room temperature, well it depends, because they assume the tables in the pool room.
I love to play 3 cushion on a heated table. I played two open tournaments and I got in final rounds both. Not quite good, but I think I know the game. My best favorite temperature is about 5 C above room temperature. Why? If all the other facts, clean, tight, balls etc are the same, then not cold should be enough in my mind. Guess what? Every single table plays different, that’s why top pros roll the balls seriously to check all 4 corners. So don’t be serious for temperature.
The most important matter about heating system is power supply. I suggest this to everybody getting heated table, not all listen. All the trouble starts from power line. One 20 Amp circuit breaker for one table. You will never have problems with your heating system. One more time, one circuit breaker for one table.