Shame on you. Umb

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UMB announced there will be WCC tournament in Korea on July 12 to 15. Even though KBF scheduled Korean National on July 10 to 15, at beginning of 2018. How can this happen? You will be surprised when you listen why. That's because Kozoom doesn't have enough time to work next tournament, Verhoeven Open in New York. July 23 to 29.UMB can stand with every national federation. Not to disregard them. Korean Federation has been working so hard to promote 3-C long period of time. Brought big sponsors, and medias. What country has 3-C on regular TV? Only in Korea.
Please talk to UMB not to hurt national federation.

mazin shooni

Registered
The UMB can do whatever and whenever they want in any country with out consulting with any organization, You have to play by their rules and you have no saying,
It's a shame
Too Bad

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point is why UMB and Kozoom set the tournament date same as Koreans having Nationals, which scheduled a year ago. No reason justified for that.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point is why UMB and Kozoom set the tournament date same as Koreans having Nationals, which scheduled a year ago. No reason justified for that.

I dunno, I see a pretty complicated issue and an attempt to inject money into the sport and broaden its exposure. Picking out one thing as the basis of the dispute seems overly simplistic. Can you direct me to any articles (in English or English translation) that tells the Korean federation's side of the story?

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno, I see a pretty complicated issue and an attempt to inject money into the sport and broaden its exposure. Picking out one thing as the basis of the dispute seems overly simplistic. Can you direct me to any articles (in English or English translation) that tells the Korean federation's side of the story?

http://www.kozoom.com/en/billiard-carom/news/eddy-merckx-wins-3cc-final-and-40-000-dollar.html

The other major news on the final day of the 3CC World Masters was the breakthrough in the conflict between the UMB and the Korean federation, the KBF. Mr. Farouk EL Barki, UMB president, after hours of negotiations, signed a contract with KBF chairman Mr. Nam. It ended a period of conflict over media rights. Mr. Barki did not want to address the details. ,,The most important thing is that we have mutually decided to have a future without these problems. The Korean players are free to participate in all international events. The LG+ Cup will be put back on the calendar and there will also be a World Cup in Korea this season. I am relieved and happy that we were finally able to solve this.''

Apparently the dispute was about media rights more than scheduling. Which is why it is important to try to get as much of the story as possible, rather than just twitter-like soundbytes. I wish we knew more of the back story, but I'm glad a resolution was reached as it would have been both a shame and a pyrrhic victory if the fine Korean players had been prevented, by their federation, from participating in the world class events.

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Facts about billiard broadcast in Korea
MBC Sports TV channel is not the biggest billards TV station in Korea. MBC Sports mainly broadcast baseball of Korean Pro League and Major League Baseball of USA.
Billiards is mostly shown in the very early morning (3 AM or 5 AM ) when baseball is not broadcast.

Instead,"Billiards TV"channel (not as large as MBC in size) is dedicating 24 HRS broadcast of billiards for the Korean fans. LGU+ Masters have been the biggest success on Billiards-TV for last 3 years.

UMB and Kozoom should find other countries to broadcast UMB events on TV than Korea.
In Korea, there are already Billiards TV, SBS-Sports (who actually pioneered billiards broadcasting on TV since early 1990 ) and others who also broadcast enough billiards.
This is the fact, FYI.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Facts about billiard broadcast in Korea
MBC Sports TV channel is not the biggest billards TV station in Korea. MBC Sports mainly broadcast baseball of Korean Pro League and Major League Baseball of USA.
Billiards is mostly shown in the very early morning (3 AM or 5 AM ) when baseball is not broadcast.

Instead,"Billiards TV"channel (not as large as MBC in size) is dedicating 24 HRS broadcast of billiards for the Korean fans. LGU+ Masters have been the biggest success on Billiards-TV for last 3 years.

UMB and Kozoom should find other countries to broadcast UMB events on TV than Korea.
In Korea, there are already Billiards TV, SBS-Sports (who actually pioneered billiards broadcasting on TV since early 1990 ) and others who also broadcast enough billiards.
This is the fact, FYI.

This really doesn't shed any light on the dispute, nor the scheduling issue. I'm just glad a settlement has been apparently reached.