8 Ball Action: Filler vs. Bergman

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just announced on Roy’s Basement FB page. 8 ball on a Diamond 9 footer. Race to 80 over 3 nights. $40,000 in the middle already. Play starts on April 21 at a private club in Louisville, KY.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fire v. ice, leggo!

real contrast

fast v slow
shotmaking v cb control

If Roy asks for donation like Filler v Aranas , they should do quite well. I would think this will draw even more viewers. Filler v Aranas was around 4.5K views
Donations they collected at least $16K+
Add some sponsorships
Each player around at least $7K to $8K
:)

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
real contrast

fast v slow
shotmaking v cb control

If Roy asks for donation like Filler v Aranas , they should do quite well. I would think this will draw even more viewers. Filler v Aranas was around 4.5K views
Donations they collected at least $16K+
Add some sponsorships
Each player around at least $7K to $8K
:)

I like the matchup and I like the idea
players get paid, we get entertained
on some level, everybody wins!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The free stream and asking for donations appears to be the better marketing tool for these matches. When you have several thousand pool fans watching and enjoying the match, the donations can be substantial, much better than a couple hundred hard core fans who have to pay each day.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Jay, I whole-heartily agree.
And the streamers don't have to worry about refunding people if there are technical issues.
The viewers pay for the product based on it's value AFTER they've sampled it.
Much better idea than ppv, and the fan-base will grow considerably if the product is performing well.
Hence more tips ("donations" ). It's a win-win.

Last edited:

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loved the Styer stream, was able to jump in and watch intermittently as Time and children allowed without any complicated log in. I definitely donated to Ra and will for this one also.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler can play 8b. He did very well when Darren Appleton had those 8b tournaments a few yrs again.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not til mid May now.

Diamond table.
4 1/4" pockets.

Easy money for Bergman (donation share)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The free stream and asking for donations appears to be the better marketing tool for these matches. When you have several thousand pool fans watching and enjoying the match, the donations can be substantial, much better than a couple hundred hard core fans who have to pay each day.

I agree...I think this is a good model for pool’s future.
...creates a lot more supporters.....and more financial supporters also.

Making a deal with TV can be like dealing with a hustler.

Stream me up, Scotty

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are playing 8 ball, I'd probably rather see them play on a bar table. They will still run out a lot, but at least they would have to break up some tie ups.

I'd rather that they play 10 ball on a 9 footer with tight pockets, but I guess Bergman doesn't like his chances in that game.

Regardless, they need a shot clock- 30 seconds a shot at maximum. I like Bergman, but he takes too long to shoot.

Scrunge19

Registered
I wonder if Filler was the one who pushed for a 9 footer. He's a great shot maker who can get loose with the cue ball so playing on a bigger table definitely helps him negate some of those issues.

Last edited:

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Filler was the one who pushed for a 9 footer. He's a great shot maker who can get loose with the cue ball so playing on a bigger table definitely helps him negate some of those issues.

It will be played at the same place Bergman drilled Morra in 10 ball earlier this year. Justin will be comfortable with the table, but it may not matter. I think Filler is just too strong.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be played at the same place Bergman drilled Morra in 10 ball earlier this year. Justin will be comfortable with the table, but it may not matter. I think Filler is just too strong.

Bergman is a great player no doubt, but playing a left handed Morra is no comparison to playing Filler. It is a shame that Morra can’t go back to playing right handed- he was playing top notch pool before he was forced to switch

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Bergman is a great player no doubt, but playing a left handed Morra is no comparison to playing Filler. It is a shame that Morra can’t go back to playing right handed- he was playing top notch pool before he was forced to switch

Bergman still drills him right handed.