Lets see some black/brown/blue/white veneer cues

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
One of my favorite veneer combos. I'd like to see some from the different makers, and the different shades of colors. I know GB made a few with these colors. The attached is my Murrell. Kenny knocked this one out of the park, and I've posted it may times before. I'm going to have another one made by Kenny with the same veneers, but nothing fancy - just four points and four veneers player.

So let's see them.

MyMurrell1.jpg

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
One of my favorite veneer combos. I'd like to see some from the different makers, and the different shades of colors. I know GB made a few with these colors. The attached is my Murrell. Kenny knocked this one out of the park, and I've posted it may times before. I'm going to have another one made by Kenny with the same veneers, but nothing fancy - just four points and four veneers player.

So let's see them.

Beautiful classic design. My favorite look by far. Mines not quite white but more natural...Here's mine , Enjoy

tjhtde.jpg

Attachments

• erydgj.jpg
    erydgj.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 712

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one from JMW. Do not own it, but great representation of the type.

Attachments

• JMW '10 BRW.jpg
    JMW '10 BRW.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 553

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
A bit different, but some of the same:

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Mosconi 6.JPG
    Mosconi 6.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 528

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
That yellow adds a little flair.

Josh

Thanks, glad you like the cue. That veneer next to the outer black is actually a light green. Probably appears yellow due to my mediocre to non existent photography skills. :eek:

All the best,
WW

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Thanks, glad you like the cue. That veneer next to the outer black is actually a light green. Probably appears yellow due to my mediocre to non existent photography skills. :eek:

All the best,
WW

Now that you've said it, I can definitely tell it's a light green.
Is it a Mosconi tribute? who made it, and can you post a picture of the whole cue? It looks really nice.

Josh

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this is too far outside of your request. For me, blues and purples can look great with dark rosewood points, like the JMW example above. A couple years ago, I almost bought a Haley cue from Joe Salazaar once until it hit me how much it looked like the pictured cue that I already own.

Attachments

• 5 Showman veneers.jpg
    5 Showman veneers.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 386

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Now that you've said it, I can definitely tell it's a light green.
Is it a Mosconi tribute? who made it, and can you post a picture of the whole cue? It looks really nice.

Josh

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, it's a Mosconi tribute, built by Jerry Rauenzahn several years ago. This was the first rendition of that cue he did, and I think the first fairly accurate rendition. Better shots are in the pics below, second from right.

Minus the blue veneer, some of the veneer colors you mention are also in the Tim Scruggs ebony four point (5th from left), as well as the Richard Black (5th from right).

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• 20121025_200849.jpg
    20121025_200849.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 341
  • 20121025_200921.jpg
    20121025_200921.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 342
  • 20121025_200945.jpg
    20121025_200945.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 342

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Due to the FL storms last year, had to change my plans.
Ended up going with a Jensen (Mike Johnson). Plays beautifully.

JensenMurrell.jpg

Last edited: