Before Fast Eddie, there was Johnny Keegan

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope "Punchie" contracted syphilis and died a miserable death.
Nice surprise, thanks a ton.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very good! I wonder if the episode was based on or inspired by Tevis's short story, "The Hustler", which appeared in Playboy a couple of years before this tv episode.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know if anyone noticed but Johnny is Cliff Robertson. Busso I had to look up, he had such a familiar face. Harold J Stone was pretty active in movies, TV (mainly) and the stage from the 50's thru the 70's.
Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very good! I wonder if the episode was based on or inspired by Tevis's short story, "The Hustler", which appeared in Playboy a couple of years before this tv episode.

Remember the same write in PB back when and was thinking the same thing about the flick when watching. Glen Ford had a good disposition when playing sports figures, especially when playing Ben Hogan in the movie about his life.

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member
Thank you Buster, that wasn't a bad little film. Surprised I've never seen it before.
I have to admit I thought it was Glen Ford as Johnny, but after looking it up it was Cliff Robertson.

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Buster, that wasn't a bad little film. Surprised I've never seen it before.
I have to admit I thought it was Glen Ford as Johnny, but after looking it up it was Cliff Robertson.

Yes he played in one of my favorite twilight zone episodes. “Over the rim”