Predator z2 vs Ob pro

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is better the predator z2 or ob pro

Which is better chocolate of vanilla?
Winter or Summer?
One may be nice if you like hot cocoa and skiing.

There is no "better" in shafts unless you are talking about quality of woods used or something.

I don't like either of those, so none of them are better.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I've used them both and they feel very similar, could switch tomorrow and it wouldn't matter at all.
I slightly prefer OB but it's a feel thing, nothing to do with thinking it makes balls better or something.
To be honest I doubt most could tell the difference shooting blindfolded.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They both are great break shafts. I do prefer the Predator for breaking and an OB Pro for shooting if I only had the two to choose from.

My favorite shaft is a High Deflection Shaft for playing and Low Deflection for breaking.

Erosennin

Registered
Don't know which is "better", however I will say that, when I first got a cue with a z2 shaft, it took me a good 20 hours of play to get used to it. The first evening I played with it I wanted to throw it onto a bonfire.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tested out and compared the Z2, OB2, and OB Classic Pro last year. IMO, they were all pretty similar. OB Classic Pro played very similar to Z2, the OB2 had a more deadened feel, as it should based on construction.

If you like the 11.75 size and conical type taper, any of the three would be a decent shaft, if possible try to play with them to get a feel and make your decision.

Personally I might give the edge these days to OB based on feel and warranty, but I also used a Z2 for a few years and other than the need for replacements (which Predator took care of quickly) they were great shafts. I bet most people could switch between them easily with little impact to their game.
Scott

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Ob is better too me made in usa and the feel of the hit does it for me and everyone at ob are great ever have a prob they will fix it

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Depends on what game you play your style of aim and you natural bridge length. I play with OB2 now, it seems to be working as advertised, i like it. But before you consider any cue, ensure you have straight stroke at all speeds, shooting 100% straight long shots with no english at first to eliminate stroke errors so you can better judge your expensive shaft when you get it.

pooljd

Registered
Note that ob pro isnt comparable to z2. OB classic pro and ob2 are the 11.75 equivalents. I love the classic pro.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neither is better but are different IMO. I have predator and OB shafts in different diameters but my favorite LD shaft is the Jacoby Edge Hybrid. Note because I think it is better but it is different and the difference is why I play with it the most. The taper and overall feel of the shaft I find is more satisfying. Nevertheless, I still look forward to the next "best".