I Broke My High Run Record

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
I broke my high run record tonight by running 121 balls against AZ's own
"Poolmouse".......... Yes, there is a witness and it was during a match. I'm on cloud nine. Very Happy.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulation that is a pretty awesome number and to run it in a game is so that much sweeter.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So how did it end? I like to hear how records are set. What lessons did you learn from the routine? You should write about it while it's fresh in your memory. Maybe it'll help you go even further in the future.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 1417_picture_of_an_injured_rat_in_a_sling_and_using_a_crutch.jpg
    1417_picture_of_an_injured_rat_in_a_sling_and_using_a_crutch.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
"Poolmouse".......... Yes, there is a witness and it was during a match. I'm on cloud nine. Very Happy.

Congratulations, Mike. Great accomplishment.:thumbup:

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
Congrats, Mike. At the rate you're putting up 100s, a 150-and-out is right around the corner.

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
Wow!!!

Mike ~ That's awesome!!! Congratulations on the new high run. It looks like having a regular partner is paying dividends already. That's so cool.

Ron F

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member

Mikey,

I really dont know what to say, that hasnt been said already !!

I am overjoyed for you beyond belief, i can completely understand how you feel puting up a great number against a shooting partner. When i ran my 80 (highest in game) it felt like i had gone 150 & Out, and i know now that this is right around the corner for you !!!

So since your partner already gave the greenlight, start recording those sessions. we all need to see a great 150 & Out just like the likes of Seigal when he did it against Zuglan !!!

Congrats ! :wink:
-Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the great comments. They are very appreciated.

The run came to an end by getting slightly out of line and I barely missed a side pocket shot. I did get shape on my next shot. I felt like I could of ran a lot more.
I have a really good playing partner that makes me work to win a game.
Really enjoying our matches.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Well make sure you let Alinco know to move you up the leaderboard of the 2011 Run Challenge, which i am sure it will only be a temporary position since you will probably request to move higher again real soon !!!

-Steve

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Congratulations Mike! I told ya!!! Your recent incline in average run number was up to it.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member

Congrats!! Enjoy your moment and may it serve as a reminder that hard work and persistence do pay off.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, great shooting! Leroy will be happy for you.Guess you didnt record it for all to enjoy.Happy you and Dan hit it off so well!
Jack

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Lol

Damn cops... always writing tickets, eating donuts, and playing flawless patterns.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OMG.... I hate to admit this but I had a "lemon donut" yesterday morning....
It was sure good with a cup of coffee..... I haven't had one in a long time. Maybe, it helped me play better...... LOL

Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the great comments. They are very appreciated.

The run came to an end by getting slightly out of line and I barely missed a side pocket shot. I did get shape on my next shot. I felt like I could of ran a lot more.
I have a really good playing partner that makes me work to win a game.
Really enjoying our matches.

A 121 is some serious runnage, my friend, especially in competition. Personally the way it ended is the way a high run should end, simply missing a shot. It beats the "what ifs" and "if onlys" that fill your head when a run ends because you're left with no shot after a break. :wink:

Congratulations. I'll be looking for you at the Challenge at next year's BCA Nationals. :thumbup:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Oh my gosh -- Mike, I'm so sorry I'm seeing this only now. Holy running-off-with-the-match Batman! Congratulations!!!

And see? SEE?!? I told ya you'd do it, in post #93 of the 2011 high run thread, back in early February. You did it right on schedule, "very soon," albeit not on video as I'd predicted. Well, I'll make a new prediction -- that we'll see another one out of you, but on video! :D

Let's see... if I act like someone who recently got banned and get Mike's hackles up again, perhaps we'll see another new high run "pop out" of him?

"You damn jackbooted cop thugs! You got nothing better to do than pump 60 bullets into an Iraq vet who did nothing more than grow plants in his house? Oh, you're so getting it, you lemon-doughnut-eating, as-typical-short-hair-with-mustache cookie-cutter-looking yes-man! Just meet me on my $50 table in BFE, TX, and I'll show you to your face."

How'd I do? Hackles up? :p Take it to the table, Mike! :D

-Sean

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Great......

Oh my gosh -- Mike, I'm so sorry I'm seeing this only now. Holy running-off-with-the-match Batman! Congratulations!!!

And see? SEE?!? I told ya you'd do it, in post #93 of the 2011 high run thread, back in early February. You did it right on schedule, "very soon," albeit not on video as I'd predicted. Well, I'll make a new prediction -- that we'll see another one out of you, but on video! :D

Let's see... if I act like someone who recently got banned and get Mike's hackles up again, perhaps we'll see another new high run "pop out" of him?

"You damn jackbooted cop thugs! You got nothing better to do than pump 60 bullets into an Iraq vet who did nothing more than grow plants in his house? Oh, you're so getting it, you lemon-doughnut-eating, as-typical-short-hair-with-mustache cookie-cutter-looking yes-man! Just meet me on my $50 table in BFE, TX, and I'll show you to your face."

How'd I do? Hackles up? :p Take it to the table, Mike! :D

-Sean

I am smiling ear to ear...... but you did not have to attack my Lemon Doughnut...

I went back to post #93. Yes, I do remember reading your statement. And, in post #91 I stated that my goal this year was to break my best (116). Well, there's still plenty of time to break it some more.

Thanks Sean for all your support.

Last edited:

terhje

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats really impressive StraightMan ;) Congrats from Norway. Put up a camera. :grin:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Last night

I practice for just under two hours late last night after company had left.
I had a 69, 82 & 56.

I am dusting off that old VHS recorder right now..... LOL