Best case for the money?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I'm in the market for a hard tube 3x6 or 4x8 case. I went to the only billiard store in the Metro area but all they had were of the hard molded plastic inside top variety. I don't want that because I think that could scratch the cues or rip a wrap. I'm careful but I know accidents DO happen. I've gone online but I can't seen to find one without inconclusive desciptions. I'm leaning toward a Sterling 4x8 wheeled one but there are no pictures of the inside. Is it one tube with fabric deviders or is it 12 individual tubes? I would have thought someone would be making a case with a soft molded rubber top to both protect & hold the cues. The old Instroke owner is overseing production of the Sterlings. He seems to be using foam backed fabric to hold the cues, but as I mentioned the description does not give a complete picture & there are no pictures of the case opened. Any guidence will be appreciated & I thank you in advance.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I'm pretty happy with my Vincitore. John Barton will tell you how the bottom fell out of one he had and damaged his cues, but I've never had a problem with mine.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I'm in the market for a hard tube 3x6 or 4x8 case. I went to the only billiard store in the Metro area but all they had were of the hard molded plastic inside top variety. I don't want that because I think that could scratch the cues or rip a wrap. I'm careful but I know accidents DO happen. I've gone online but I can't seen to find one without inconclusive desciptions. I'm leaning toward a Sterling 4x8 wheeled one but there are no pictures of the inside. Is it one tube with fabric deviders or is it 12 individual tubes? I would have thought someone would be making a case with a soft molded rubber top to both protect & hold the cues. The old Instroke owner is overseing production of the Sterlings. He seems to be using foam backed fabric to hold the cues, but as I mentioned the description does not give a complete picture & there are no pictures of the case opened. Any guidence will be appreciated & I thank you in advance.

The Sterling Wave case is very good for the money in my opinion.

search

http://www.google.com/search?q=ster...AQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i|5;d|6Myuw0e6clRy4M:

http://www.google.com/search?q=sterling+wave+case&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aQPwT_fvB4SO8wTI9eWGAg&ved=0CDUQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i|5;d|6Myuw0e6clRy4M:

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
I've owned Guiseppe and Vincitore with little problems. My Sterling marked up my ivory butt cap pretty bad. For a custom for the money I would go with Swift.

dom_poppa

Banned
I've owned Guiseppe and Vincitore with little problems. My Sterling marked up my ivory butt cap pretty bad. For a custom for the money I would go with Swift.

Another Sterling case that causes damage. The OP should beware. This is one of the reason why I am hesitant towards a JB case.

I would go with Giuseppe because my old case was one and it was fantastic. Right now I am looking for more of a high end case so I am either going with a Barton case or a better case like Jack Justis.

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
For clarification my Sterling was an older one and not a Wave. But it did damage the finish on the butt of my cue after just a few uses. I bought a new Vincitore on ebay for next to nothing and used it for a few weeks before selling it for a tidy profit. Same with a Guiseppe. I actually still own one 2x4 Guiseppe that I carry a couple sneaky's in. It carries well but I'm not a huge fan of the strap material. But for the price you can't beat it.

I also own a Justis, which I like a lot, and Jack has excellent customer service on any repair issue, as well as several other custom cases. But a couple Swifts I recently took on trade are really nice. And considering a new price direct from Dennis is about the same as a used Justis I don't see how you can go wrong. I have a close friend that has a 25 year old Swift very similiar to one of the ones I own and it has seen very heavy usage(several times a day) and it has held up great. Whatever you choose make sure it carries comfortably and protects your cues well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Trent

Banned
http://www.casesbyswift.com/home

I have a 3x6 with custom tooling with a extra pocket for business cards and it was very affordable and built like a tank.

I dont know how much your looking to spend but through the yrs ive went threw quit a few cheaper cases enough to buy probably 2 of my current case. and i know people who have had their swift cases for over 10-15 yrs and theres still rock solid and look good.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a instroke case!! Here is why. Very practical for tourneys you can keep your cue together in the case. Fit snug enough where cues are not rattling around in case while driving down road! They also have moisture protection as well and not heavy to carry. Still the best case on the market in my opinion.

theeviltwin69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm planning on buying a new case very soon.I recently changed tips to a layered tip from Triangle's to Talisman WB hard,and am very impressed with the quality,and consistency of the tips.
They also make custom cases and I have done a lot research on cases.There cases are pvc tubed,and the interior is leather lined!They look great there's a couple of styles to choose from.
I'm going to get one of these.

http://www.talismanbilliards.com/Cuecases.asp

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member

I recommend the JB Flowers Tribute if you can spend a bit more. You can pick a used one up on AZ pretty cheap. But a Sterling with the John Barton fabric interior is the way to go on a budget.

I have the same interior on my Barton custom. It is hands down the best quality case I have owned. I have also owned Murnak, Porper, Instroke, GTF, Swift, Flowers, Ron Thomas, and Dan Whitten. So I am familiar with the quality of a few cases. My second favorite is the Whitten. I planned on trying a Jack Justis but stopped buying cases when I got the John Barton case.

Some new JB Flowers and Wave cases for sale on AZ and picture of interior...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=251364&highlight=Flowers

Last edited:

Big Arm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like my Swift case. It was very affordable and he gets it made quickly.