Freddy the beard has left us

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Very shocked to hear this news. I'm glad he was able to finish his book and see the joy it brought to so many during the last few months.

He definitely lived a full, exciting life!

mattiefingaz

Professional Photographer
Silver Member
Heard about this earlier from Roadplayer Rob.....Sucks when we're losing more friends than we're gaining.....Godspeed my good sir.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Here's Freddy in his younger days...'77 Marie's Golden Cue - Chicago, IL - Photo by Eddie Laube Jr - Photo courtesy of Tom Kollins

Great photo. Who is the guy sitting on the table? Any chance that is John Brown ???

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
God speed beard.... Just know the billiard community loves you. Heart felt condolences to your family and your other family.. All of us nits trying to be the player that you were. . RIP :-(

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
RIP Mr. B. I learned a lot from you.

Eternity is a great place ... Especially for one pocket. ;-)

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A cornerstone of the game said good-by

I'm so sorry to hear about Freddy. Although we never met face to face we talked many times and he marketed a lot of my goods. What a fountain of information he was and he backed his play by leaving us with a book on road players that may never be surpassed. Hope to run across you someday, Freddy, but I'll need weight..
With love and respect. Alfie.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Fred in 2010 at the derby city, I knew of him for a very long time.

As I seen it at DCC that year Fred was always in conversations, joking and laughing .

The man looked very approachable to me.

I watched Freds banking matches that year, all though Fred was just a little bit of what he used to be, he was still very entertaining and played his heart out!

Iam very pleased that I did meet the MAN and watched him play and say hi to him!

FREDDY WAS AS PURE AS A POOL PLAYER THAT HAS EVER LIVED OR PLAYED THE GAME!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad

I read Freddy's book a little bit each day. I do that because it is so good I don't want it to end. You can not read that book without feeling like you know him. I am glad he followed up with a PM to me saying time was running out on getting a signed copy. Thank you Freddy and RIP , you were a gift to the Pool world and will be greatly missed.

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Bank-on-Brother!!!"

Freddy the Beard carved out his place in our pool world and we were all better off for having him with us while we did.
For those that missed ever meeting him and sharing his thoughts on pool have also missed meeting a really good guy.

Absolutely one of the good guys in the sport he loved.

And what a gift he left for us all. His videos and books are still here with some very special wisdom to share with all.

Freddy the Beard was one of a kind for sure.

Thanks for all you've done down here. See you on the flip side some day.

I'm sure you got some students up there already my friend..................

"Well that very eloquently, about says it all, Gene."

I'd also like to add my condolences to family and friends everywhere, Freddy certainly was an "original."

It's an honor to have co-commentated a couple of matches with him in the ACCU-STATS booth at D.C.C. over the last few years. I can honestly say, "I've looked forward to everyone of those opportunities to work with him, because of his knowledge, whit, enthusiasm, and love for the sport!"

In conjunction with Gene, I'd also like to praise Freddy, as a tribute to his instructional legacy, in "Banks that don't go but do ( Pt.1 & Pt.2 ) and his 3 excellent offerings in writing that will certainly be around this sport for many years yet to come.

"Freddy Bentivegna will be sorely missed! R.I.P. Brother!!!"
Billy Gibbs