pool-related fundraising efforts

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not rich but I'm hanging in
meanwhile I know many out there are really struggling
are there any pool-related fundraisers you all can share?
local rooms, players, anybody in the game that needs help
post it

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last childcare facility my wife built & directed for 26 years before retiring, she was an amazing and effective fundraiser. Among events in the silent auction at her annual fundraiser was often a "Billiards event". Compared to the big ticket items in the live auction, it never brought more than a few $hundred, but it could be incorporated in many types of fundraisers. (20 - 30 silent auction items bringing 100 -350 or so add up, too.)

smt

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last childcare facility my wife built & directed for 26 years before retiring, she was an amazing and effective fundraiser. Among events in the silent auction at her annual fundraiser was often a "Billiards event". Compared to the big ticket items in the live auction, it never brought more than a few $hundred, but it could be incorporated in many types of fundraisers. (20 - 30 silent auction items bringing 100 -350 or so add up, too.)

smt

right on, sounds like a real good thing..props to the mrs.:thumbup:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
helping people that cannot help themselves because of real misfortune is wonderful.

but if you help those that just live paycheck to paycheck or spend all they got then you are just reinforcing their bad behavior till next time.

camaro69926

Registered
This is usually my time to fundraise. To help my junior player traveling to national tournaments. None of the national tournaments have cancelled yet, but I think it will just be a matter of time. A lot of my kids family's cant afford a family vacation and hold their kids back from playing in Nationals so our community does a great job of making sure these kids get a chance to play in a national tournament. If these tournaments dont get cancelled I am sure our community will pull through yet again with short notice and take care of the kids.