Table Felt Cleaner?

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
So I just got a really nice valley table only down fall is the felt is really dirty u can tell its had lots of spills on it rails are great felt its self is still good so what I'm asking are there any tricks too cleaning the felt pull all the dirt out ect? If I have too replace I will but just seeing if there is any tricks thanks all :thumbup:

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I remember a thread where Woolite was recommended for cleaning pool table felt. Use care and only dampen sponge sparingly. Let dry well and redo if necessary. Good luck in your endeavor.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In for suggestions as well. Just recently got some dark blue/black smear spots on my Tourney Blue Simonis. Used light rubbing alcohol on a cloth, but it only helped a little bit. :angry:

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I believe I remember a thread where Woolite was recommended for cleaning pool table felt. Use care and only dampen sponge sparingly. Let dry well and redo if necessary. Good luck in your endeavor.

Thank u for the reply here is photo of cloth not sure if its too far gone ???

Attachments

• _KIMG0031.JPG
    _KIMG0031.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 357

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
IMO---it's been too gone for too long.

Yea i was kinda thinking it might be i was just thinking maybe if there was something to try and clean it with worth a shot if not get new felt for it

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

That cloth could be cleaned but it's not ideal, pool table cloth is readily available today.

Considering the look of the cloth I'd agree with everyone to say its time to replace it fresh since you just aquired the table.
At the same time of the recovery you can clean and maintain the inners and clean the slate and remove old glue build up.

If I can help you with your pool table cloth needs feel fee to let me know, I've got several brands of cloth at player pricing and a free gift everytime.
I've got a few cuts of new cloth made by a popular company that's in a R&D stage so no final word on the release of it - it's designed the be slower for bar tables if that's a hint. I have a few sets at a discounts.

Rob.M

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see a table like that, Im wondering what else is on there besides some budweiser and a rum and coke....... :barf:
I used to play at a bowling alley that had a little 6 table room off to the side. The way they had the bar set up, was open into the bowling alley side, and a counter on the pool hall side, so that the bartender could be in charge of the pool hall. The main bartender was a woman named Renee, and her boyfriend was a big ol boy named Moe who picked her up after work every night. Well, we walked in one Saturday night and table 1 had a very odd shaped stain on it. A couple of us stared at it for a while like a Rorschach test trying to figure it out, but we were stumped. Towards the end of the night, big Moe came in and sat at the counter waiting on Renee. We asked Moe if he could figure it out, and he started grinning from ear to ear. Upon closer inspection, the stain was butt shaped, and about Renees size. Table 1 didnt get played on by any of the regulars until it was recovered. :thumbup:
Chuck

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I see a table like that, Im wondering what else is on there besides some budweiser and a rum and coke....... :barf:
I used to play at a bowling alley that had a little 6 table room off to the side. The way they had the bar set up, was open into the bowling alley side, and a counter on the pool hall side, so that the bartender could be in charge of the pool hall. The main bartender was a woman named Renee, and her boyfriend was a big ol boy named Moe who picked her up after work every night. Well, we walked in one Saturday night and table 1 had a very odd shaped stain on it. A couple of us stared at it for a while like a Rorschach test trying to figure it out, but we were stumped. Towards the end of the night, big Moe came in and sat at the counter waiting on Renee. We asked Moe if he could figure it out, and he started grinning from ear to ear. Upon closer inspection, the stain was butt shaped, and about Renees size. Table 1 didnt get played on by any of the regulars until it was recovered. :thumbup:
Chuck

Haha that's pretty funny I was kinda thinking about that earlier how could someone let a table get like that looks like they had mud fight on it or something but ill get it fixed up I guess may as well ill post some before and after for u all I'm sure u guys don't care since its just old valley bar box but if I'm gonna do new felt ect may as well do it all make posckets tight as well anyway thanks too everyone who posted :thumbup:

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
That cloth could be cleaned but it's not ideal, pool table cloth is readily available today.

Considering the look of the cloth I'd agree with everyone to say its time to replace it fresh since you just aquired the table.
At the same time of the recovery you can clean and maintain the inners and clean the slate and remove old glue build up.

If I can help you with your pool table cloth needs feel fee to let me know, I've got several brands of cloth at player pricing and a free gift everytime.
I've got a few cuts of new cloth made by a popular company that's in a R&D stage so no final word on the release of it - it's designed the be slower for bar tables if that's a hint. I have a few sets at a discounts.

Rob.M

Pm sent thanks