Mataya on the soapbox................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mataya is in DEAD PUNCH on the Mercer stream. He is telling like it is on the Mosconi Cup. GO Jimmy.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was SPOT ON on everything he was saying. I say give him a shot at coach. It can't get any worse than it's been.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
"I aint gotta give nobody nothin"
Pretty Boy Floyd on the alternate break

Mosconi Cup captain :thumbup:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Gotta confess, I found Mataya's commentary entertaining...I watched only the finals, so can't comment beyond that.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mataya is in DEAD PUNCH on the Mercer stream. He is telling like it is on the Mosconi Cup. GO Jimmy.

Sorry I’m sure he’s a nice guy maybe in real life and he obviously has a lot of knowledge but he’s another angry old man who’s head is stuck in the past. He did nothing but complain about the modern game from the speed of the table, jump cues , magic rack and had to make fun of Shane for wearing a glove. He’s the last thing pool needs if it wants to move into a new era.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I’m sure he’s a nice guy maybe in real life and he obviously has a lot of knowledge but he’s another angry old man who’s head is stuck in the past. He did nothing but complain about the modern game from the speed of the table, jump cues , magic rack and had to make fun of Shane for wearing a glove. He’s the last thing pool needs if it wants to move into a new era.

He was really bad.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I could see it now with Jimmy the coach. Him spewing all his BS prior to the event, then the US team again gets hammered by the Europeans. Does anyone really think an american team could be assembled to withstand the firepower possessed by the current European pool of talent?

As Mike Tyson once said "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face". Think about that Jimmy, and how far your nonsense would actually travel.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How could it hurt? Barry Hearn appoints this Dutch "super coach" and we still get our d^*ks handed to us. The coach in this deal is waaaay over-rated. Its a made for tv(Euro tv mostly) entertainment event. Give JM a shot. If he totally screws the pooch then can him. Just my $.02 here.

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
woofing set us back....

most of the pool improvements have been good for our game. no sense going back to the model T..The magic rack is the cure for the racking woes we experience at tournaments with conventional racks. The pool glove has its place especially in where humidity is high or your playing on dirty equipment. Takes less maintenance on your shaft keeping it clean. Lets make sure our great sport goes forward and not backwards. There are classy people in our game that don't tell us about all their class. Pool is a sport for everyone.