Which cue company gives the most back to our sport?

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who puts the most back to help our sport grow? Just curious what everyone thinks? Maybe Predator, McDermott? What's your thoughts?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it’s Predator by a long shot. They sponsor almost every single event in some capacity. They sponsor a ton of pros in some capacity.

I can’t understand all their haters. They do have a product that squirts less. It’s not a marketing myth. And they pump lots of money and interest into our sport.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who puts the most back to help our sport grow? Just curious what everyone thinks? Maybe Predator, McDermott? What's your thoughts?
Financially? Time? Promotion? I know Danny Janes and JOSS have been promoting the game a long time. They've been involved with Zuglan's tour almost since it started. Viking has also been a pretty big promoter as well over the years.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Financially? Time? Promotion? I know Danny Janes and JOSS have been promoting the game a long time. They've been involved with Zuglan's tour almost since it started. Viking has also been a pretty big promoter as well over the years.

When you consider the proportional contribution based on the size of the business, as well as the length of time involved, it's hard not to mention Joss.

Pechauer and Viking also contribute. Numerous do.

The way the question is posed, the knee jerk reaction will most often be Predator. But I don't think it is that simple.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
the way the op's question is phrased it's current tense and does not specify anything about proportion to business size, duration, etc, so the answer, I believe, by a country mile would have to be Predator.

If it were historically, Brunswick might be the one.

Last edited:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Second the motion... Joss. And that includes Joss West. Bill Stroud has done TONS for the game as a whole over the past 50 years plus. Simply more behind the scenes than Dan or others. Meucci should be mentioned as well.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does AccuStats count? They do a lot of stuff locally for the tri state area. And when they do a big event they do it very well.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know people have no idea except what they see and read on the internet,

but McDermott supports a lot of amateur pool leagues and people don't even know it.

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously predator & mezz has more money available for promotion than most. As far as percentage of annual profits who would you say puts the most back? I would still think predator, mezz & pechauer would be near the top. On the other hand what companies would you say don't put much back into supporting our sport? Schon? Lucasi? Etc?

JPNEWT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pechauer

Joe and his father have been fantastic supporters to:the Northeast Women's Tour for years! Great and beautiful cues and great people! :thumbup: