Fixing American Pool by forming the NBL (National Billiards League) & PBA Tour!!!

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So where in South Dakota are you going to set up?

How do you plan on reaching people under the age of 18? I see you mentioned something about later on getting younger kids involved in pool. Hope this works out.

So if I am a parent what is more likely am I going to want to drive 1 hour to a pool hall for my kid? Or get them into a hobby that is 5 minutes away?

I see you mentioned something about being on cable. Why do that? Why not do a streaming service?

Other general issues with pool. you guys need to embrace phones. They are not going away anytime soon. Not being on my phone if I am playing a game is one thing. I am even fine with not being on my pone if it is my opponents turn and or he is running the table. But if I am sitting on the side lines waiting for the other people to finish their game. I am going to be looking at my phone.

Also the tables need to be able to accept phone or card payments.

Last edited:

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope they figure something out to grow the game.

But until they can push the gambling part of the culture off into the weeds, it's probably not going to happen.

In order to grow the game, you have to get the kids into the game early.

To do that, you need the parents to be on board. It has to be family-oriented.

And to do that, you have to eliminate the gambling part of it, period. Just like all the other big sports. Now this is where some dipstick says, "but there's gambling in football/basketball/whatever!" Yes and no. Yes, I can put money on a NFL/NBA/NHL game, that part is true.

But Tom Brady isn't playing football on the side and betting idiots from his neighborhood on a pick-up football game. NFL players aren't hustling games. NBA players aren't either. Ditto NHLers.

But pool players that gamble are usually willing to play just about any dipstick for a few bucks. Almost no dollar figure or level of competitor is beneath them.

Until that goes away, pool will always be relegated to the fringes.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope they figure something out to grow the game.

But Tom Brady isn't playing football on the side and betting idiots from his neighborhood on a pick-up football game. NFL players aren't hustling games. NBA players aren't either. Ditto NHLers.

But pool players that gamble are usually willing to play just about any dipstick for a few bucks. Almost no dollar figure or level of competitor is beneath them.

Until that goes away, pool will always be relegated to the fringes.

That's easily countered by having a commissioner//governing body who enforces the rules hard. If you get caught gambling or there is enough evidence of a player(s) fixing matches , that should be an instant ban of a year or two or even lifetime. Just hope there is enough guts for that to happen.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wait just a bang toot'n minute;
Isn't the NFL seeing the light of survival through the medium of gambling with their
hook-up to draft kings and the New Jersey gambling syndicate?

Take gambling out of the NFL you'll only have a bunch of petulant protesters playing the game, at least now they'll have something to gamble on.

The next video will be the petulant interloper demanding their lives matter more by
telling a season ticket holder that, "that's not your seat!".

I don't see how there can ever be a large gathering again like a NFL game in it's once intended scheme of fun.

NBA? who cares?

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a lot has happened in the last 6 months but perhaps Ed could give us an update on where things stand.