Was Dennis Orcollo right by calling this foul?

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looked to me like the ref asked the guy and he admitted his foul. Then the ball was given to dennis.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say what you want about Dennis, but he plays fair and never tries to shark his opponent in any way. Just watch him sometime in a match, sitting quietly in his chair while his opponent is shooting. He does have a burning desire to win though and that's why he is one of the greatest closers in pool. The match is never over if Dennis has a cue in his hand, no matter how far behind he is.

Unfortunately i beg to differ after numerous incidents.
He's well known to be a dirty player who will do anything to win and a sour loser too with the infamous handshake.

#1) tries to shark mika n jump out of chair to scream illegal break while mika was about to shoot and that was a minute after the break was taken in the world cup of pool

#2) refuse to allow Svb to remove the magic rack in the wpa world 9ball saying in broken english " its too CRUCIAL " but when it was his turn insist that the magic rack be removed like WTF

However match ended in him being massacred bloodily 11-2 lol

#3 ) gambles w chang and did not pay rhe right amount
Of money after losing, in fact dennis has a reputation of quitting when he cant steal

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gotta say pretty strongly that just because a guy doesn't defend himself doesn't mean a thing in my book. I think the call should just be the call. Period. Guys that are good at defending themselves should get less fouls called on them? I think that only would come up for me if I was a td if I was hearing about the events second hand, which is not ideal of course. A players words should mean squat. It's what actually happens on the table that matters.

It's obvious to me orcollo just saw that ball get lucked in and was squirming. It's hard to know if he really touched it, but orcollo should have had his mouth shut, that much I know 100%. If the rules were left up to me seated players would do nothing but sit and shut the hell up for once under pain of game penalties. Orollo is a fricking tool anyway,

Last edited:

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's well known to be a dirty player who will do anything to win and a sour loser too with the infamous handshake.

#1) tries to shark mika n jump out of chair to scream illegal break while mika was about to shoot and that was a minute after the break was taken in the world cup of pool

#2) refuse to allow Svb to remove the magic rack in the wpa world 9ball saying in broken english " its too CRUCIAL " but when it was his turn insist that the magic rack be removed like WTF

Of money after losing, in fact dennis has a reputation of quitting when he cant steal

That #2 I think is different than the one I'm thinking of. Shane and him were playing 8 ball on a bar box I forget at what tournament, and orcollo was seriously acting like a whining baby because he could not make a ball in the break. He finally ended up just throwing a fit and walking off before it was over, it was totally embarrassing what a tool really. Poor poor orcollo can't make a ball on the break oh jeez poor guy. ****ing unbelievable.

There's also the time he matched up in the action room at the derby. I'll leave names out but he got in a bad game, and he just decided in a race to 15 he was in a bad game 8 to 8 and said he wants his money back. And get this, he whines and moans for an hour and cries to everyone, and since he's orcollo I suppose he gets out of a 1000 bet for like 200. And he had no chance.

Orcollo gets no respect from me.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Nice try but you got your "facts" all wrong. 1) Mika started the complaining about the break shot, not Dennis. That's when Dennis called him on his break. 2) You misunderstood this entire interaction between Dennis and Shane. Enough said on that one. 3) It was the backer, not Dennis, that welched on the bet.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That #2 I think is different than the one I'm thinking of. Shane and him were playing 8 ball on a bar box I forget at what tournament, and orcollo was seriously acting like a whining baby because he could not make a ball in the break. He finally ended up just throwing a fit and walking off before it was over, it was totally embarrassing what a tool really. Poor poor orcollo can't make a ball on the break oh jeez poor guy. ****ing unbelievable.

There's also the time he matched up in the action room at the derby. I'll leave names out but he got in a bad game, and he just decided in a race to 15 he was in a bad game 8 to 8 and said he wants his money back. And get this, he whines and moans for an hour and cries to everyone, and since he's orcollo I suppose he gets out of a 1000 bet for like 200. And he had no chance.

Orcollo gets no respect from me.

Dennis did something a million other guys have done before him. He quit an ahead set when they were EVEN! If he had quit games down then he would have owed the guy something. The guy (with a very bad reputation!) whined so long and loud that I offered him a settlement and he refused to accept it.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice try but you got your "facts" all wrong. 1) Mika started the complaining about the break shot, not Dennis. That's when Dennis called him on his break. 2) You misunderstood this entire interaction between Dennis and Shane. Enough said on that one. 3) It was the backer, not Dennis, that welched on the bet.

Imo both mika n dennis are both cry baby so nothing surprising about that.
You dont see no chang ko darren or efren pulling some baby stuff like that.

However dennis had 1 minute gone by but he choose to jump up like the place was on fire when mika got down on the shot .
If he wanted to protest, he shld have when michaela declared the break legal.

Im sorry but when it comes to gambling, there has been numerous incident on the money paid up not being what was agreed involving the pinoys particularly Dennis n dirty plays n sharking involving jeff de luna.

You maybe right bout the dennis backer but im not so sure when dennis wldnt cough up the amount after losing a set in malaysia.
In fact, many pinoys are known to be unable to cough up the bet after losing becoz they thought they cant lose lol.
Leme know if u want names.
You dont hear stuff like that when it comes to gambling with the taiwanese n europeans.
They bet what they CAN AFFORD, expect to be paid when they win and pay up when they lose.

I can understand about u trying to protect Dennis , he maybe a good friend to you but seriously the man has tarnished his reputation pretty badly i wld say and not many ppl has good things to say bout him.
Unfortunately, u not gonna get many ppl defending him.

Smoke dont simply come about without a fire.

I dont hear negative things surrounding Busty or Efren and the taiwanese, they win n lose gracefully because simply they conduct themselves with grace n respect and in return they get respected too.

My 2 cents , take it for what its worth :)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When there is a ref. present, he should call all fouls, with exception for the fouls the shooter calls on himself.
In a perfect world that would be fine. In the second "foul" on the video the player pretty clearly hit the 8 ball before the 7. If I'm the seated player and the ref doesn't call a foul, I think I'll ask which ball was struck first.