Mezz ignite reactions?

cptsprmkt

Registered
Fall shipments just arrived and it’s crickets out there. I ordered one and it has arrived but I haven’t returned from out of town to try it out. Anyone out there with any initial reactions?

Thanks

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got mine several months ago with the intent of selling it. Liked the hit so much i sold all my other shafts. Switched to a softer tip than the zan medium it came with and it's a perfect combo. It has more deflection that a revo, but the hit is honestly better than any wood LD shaft I've ever tried. The biggest adjustment I had to make was accounting for the added energy transfer. I heard people talk about that and thought it was bs but it's real. The cue ball just travels a little further than with a wood shaft on the same hit. Anyway, yeah, love it.

cptsprmkt

Registered
Got mine several months ago with the intent of selling it. Liked the hit so much i sold all my other shafts. Switched to a softer tip than the zan medium it came with and it's a perfect combo. It has more deflection that a revo, but the hit is honestly better than any wood LD shaft I've ever tried. The biggest adjustment I had to make was accounting for the added energy transfer. I heard people talk about that and thought it was bs but it's real. The cue ball just travels a little further than with a wood shaft on the same hit. Anyway, yeah, love it.

sounds good... curious to hear reactions

Did the softer tip reduce the energy transfer? I have been using a wx900 for a couple years now. I prefer a boardy, stiffer hit and have developed more consistency as the original kamui black soft hardened up. I'll be able to give the ignite a hit by the weekend i hope.

boombox

Registered
Any updates? How compare the Ignite vs. your WX900?

Some say the Ignite has little less deflection than the WX900.....others say it has the same or more?

cptsprmkt

Registered
mezz ignite reactions-

It is very well made as expected. Zan medium wavy joint. The hit is excellent. The Revo which i tried a few times (smaller diameter) had a hit that felt kind of hollow, like tapping a concrete block with a drum stick. The ignite hit feels solid but not pingy, it's warmer like wood but not muted (doing my best here). There is a bit of extended vibration if you use the natural pivot point which I make to be about 14 inches using Dr. Dave's technique. I wonder if that's the case with any longer natural pivot point?

As far as deflection goes, I think it might be more than the wx900, but I'm not entirely sure. If it is it is very slight and may come down to tip length contributing to more endmass (it is that slight). My tip on the wx900 is a kamui black soft that is worn down to almost nothing which i think decreases the deflection as well.

I have about 6 hours of drills and some racks and I love the feel, that being said I think my aiming/potting is better with the wx900 which I think is largely a result of 2 years with my wx900. Honestly, at this point I'm torn where I just want to stick with the wx900 because I know it so well. This is not a bargain shaft, it is an excellent build as the price indicates. The durability of carbon fiber is very attractive, and i'd love to settle on a shaft that feels this good, but I think it would take some time to get the same level of comfort with my wx900.

thanks for reading

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its been a few weeks since i got mine. Im playing the ignite right now having come from the x700. I agree it has that little extra push/power. I really found it unpredictable and off putting at first. I was seriously going to sell it. Then i figured out this thing has more deflection than 900x for sure, and maybe even more than the wx700. Now since i adjusted for the deflection i have more success potting. It is a remarkably solid and consistent shaft. I find it much easier to get up and down the table for nineball, this is why im going to stick with it.