Curly Purpleheart

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Just finished and delivered my first attempt at doing mitered veneers. Had to use a flash to get the curly to show up. Overall was very pleased how it came out. Customer is very happy, which makes it all worth it.
Dave

20170411_162158.jpg

20170411_161914.jpg

20170411_162208.jpg

20170411_161928.jpg

20170411_162022.jpg

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave, that is a beauty, and damn nice work!
Can't wait to see more like this. Fantastic cue Sir, and I imagine that customer is indeed, very happy.
Best regards.
Joe P

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First attempt?

Wow. Darn nice. Congrats on the great work.

As for the design and the wood, absolutely stunning.

Nice choice on the wrap, and that look like top notch work as well.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Officially addicted to that stuff 2 of my last 3 had that as does another of mine

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave-
I guess I'll just jump on the band wagon. What a nice cue! Nice wood, nice points, nice everything.
And yes, an outstanding finish. I know you put a lot of work into that. Great job!

Robin Snyder

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind words. The finish is Solarez, which when done right is pretty f'n great, IMO. This cue was originally made for my jack-n-jill party raffle (finally getting married after 18 years to the best woman ever) But wasn't finished on time, thankfully I had made back up cues also...lol.
Hinekanman, your's will be started soon, but only after I start Tim's...lol
Found the white material I want to use for the rings...
Dave

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind words. The finish is Solarez, which when done right is pretty f'n great, IMO. This cue was originally made for my jack-n-jill party raffle (finally getting married after 18 years to the best woman ever) But wasn't finished on time, thankfully I had made back up cues also...lol.
Hinekanman, your's will be started soon, but only after I start Tim's...lol
Found the white material I want to use for the rings...
Dave

Dave,
Congrats on your upcoming wedding. :cool: I wish you, and your Lady love, a continued lifetime of happy days. :thumbup:
All the best.
Joe P