GC1V- How do I level the slate

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need help, I recently had my table recovered, the table is rolling off between the first and third diamond located at the foot of the table. If you slow roll a ball towards the corner pocket (foot of the table) the ball starts to roll off at the last diamond on the long rail located below the pocket. The ball rolls towards the first diamond on the short rail. How can I resolve this problem? Ant help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Charlie

NineBallNut

Silver Member
get a better mechanic...:D just kidding. So your saying the table only rolls off on that one end? Not a lot you can do without sacrificing the levelness of the table somewhere else. To be fixed correctly it will have to be pulled back apart. you might be able to get it close by adjusting the leg leveler on that corner of the table but you might screw it up too.
s

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Leveling

You've got individual levelers along the rail. Get underneath with a flathead screwdriver and put some pressure along that section. It may not be perfect, but it will be better...

Tablemechanic

Silver Member
Level

I would use the leg leveler and make very fine adjustments to it. I would also call the person who recoverd your table and tell him the problem. If he backs up his work he should come out and take care of it.

pm me if you need anymore help
Steve

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gciv

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me with my problem. The table mechanic returned and fixed the problem this afternoon. He removed the cloth from the table, leveled the slate, rewaxed the joints and reclothed the table. I quess you can say he did the job twice. I thankful he stood behind his work.
Regards,
Charlie