Buffalo's Pro One Pocket Update Thread

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Not many jobs or owning business that you can not show up on time, or at all, and still keep your job. Ask his stake horse if he minded. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony wrote on Facebook that he showed up 7 minutes late and was forfeited. He said last year, when this happened, the player was forfeited one game, not the entire match. This year, however, the rules are different.

I'll guarantee you that not one person on this forum is flawless when it comes to showing up on time. It's happened to all of us. Keith was forfeited in Lancaster, PA, and I'll never forget it, but that's another story. It wasn't his fault. The TD told him that his match wouldn't be up for at least 30 minutes. We were gone 15 minutes next door to the hotel and came back only to find out Keith was forfeited by the same TD. The man has passed away now, so I won't talk bad about him, but that was my first experience of pool forfeiture.

Me personally, I've overslept before and woke up in a frenzy, realizing I was late.

Hey, it happens, but let's burn the pro player on AzBilliards. That's what many seem to enjoy on AzBilliards. I guess it makes themselves feel superior since they can't shoot at the level of a pro player to put them down at every turn.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forfeiting a game is fair when the average game is @30mins. Forfeiting the match is a bit harsh for 7mins late. JMO.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grapevine says the person who bought Tony in the Calcutta got 50 percent of their money refunded.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grapevine says the person who bought Tony in the Calcutta got 50 percent of their money refunded.

Well wouldn't that come from the total calcutta payout. Less for the winners. 7 frickin minutes, let the man play.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no clue what the true timing is, but one man's 7 minutes could be another's hour and vice-versa. Tony has posted twice on Facebook about it.

Last edited:

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
With regard to players being late for any match, the Tournament Director can drop the hammer as hard and often as they deem necessary.... though it should be consistent and without mercy. That said....

I friggin knew Efren would rob this from the losers side Haaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Lesh

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like how the snooker people handle lateness....
...15 minutes late...or any portion thereof...loss of ONE game...
...15 minutes and one second...you're down two nothing.

...this would work in nine-ball tournaments also....make it five minutes.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh is playing great so far this match Alex in trouble here

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 431

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren won his match 5-2 vs Joey Gray and will face the Winner of Alex and Josh