Cushion Glue

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Tight don't mean nothing to me, unless you throw in some numbers for stretch.

9' table, 860HR: I typically stretch 1 5/8" across the width. I use less stretch across the width, which allows a tighter stretch along the length (as it should be). The length stretch is not as critical, so long as the cloth is tight. Therefore, I do not measure it. I only make sure that the length stretch is pulled evenly across the width.

I have experimented with installing with a 2" stretch. However, it becomes too difficult to avoid streaks at the side pocket. There is simply no need to install cloth that tight, across the width. Better to get that stretch down the length. Even still, the 3M-90 will hold.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Myself, Mark Gregory, J Spielberg, Donnie wessels, Gordon Graham, Rich Parkison, Diamond....any many more don't use spray glue to install ANY bed cloths....are we ALL missing out on something?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
9' table, 860HR: I typically stretch 1 5/8" across the width. I use less stretch across the width, which allows a tighter stretch along the length (as it should be). The length stretch is not as critical, so long as the cloth is tight. Therefore, I do not measure it. I only make sure that the length stretch is pulled evenly across the width.

I have experimented with installing with a 2" stretch. However, it becomes too difficult to avoid streaks at the side pocket. There is simply no need to install cloth that tight, across the width. Better to get that stretch down the length. Even still, the 3M-90 will hold.

That's al.ost the stretch I use on a 7ft Valley.

PS, and a 7ft Valley slate is only 3/4" thick, so there's not .uch surface for the glue to hold on to.

Last edited:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Myself, Mark Gregory, J Spielberg, Donnie wessels, Gordon Graham, Rich Parkison, Diamond....any many more don't use spray glue to install ANY bed cloths....are we ALL missing out on something?

Probably not.. 3M-90 is more expensive. If you want to improve margins, you should use roll-on glue. If you don't care about the couple of extra dollars per table, and you prefer ease-of-use and local availability, 3M-90 is a great choice.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Probably not.. 3M-90 is more expensive. If you want to improve margins, you should use roll-on glue. If you don't care about the couple of extra dollars per table, and you prefer ease-of-use and local availability, 3M-90 is a great choice.

Well, just so you're aware, 3M 90 is no where near the cost of FB10 at over $300 for a 5 gal bucket, so that kind of puts the cheap into perspective, which is why I priced the RKC250 to be affordable for everyone.