I need info on this diamond table.

I miss alot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats the difference between Red Label and Blue Label diamonds?

I’m considering buying this diamond red label table but have little info on what exactly it is and how it compares to the new ones you see in tournaments etc.. this diamond is of course a three piece slate but I was told it was a 2007 model but I find that hard to believe. I currently have a Gandy Sportsman table in very good shape. I’m wondering if it’s worth going through the hassle of selling and moving my Gandy To replace it with this Red label model diamond. I’m a regular tour player about a 630 Fargo so I take the game serious and want to make sure I’m investing properly . I’ll put pictures of the diamond below. I guess what I'm asking is, does an older red label play the same as the 9 ft Diamonds you see at the US Open etc.. Any info is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2979.jpg
    IMG_2979.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2980.jpg
    IMG_2980.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2981.jpg
    IMG_2981.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Picture does not show very much :) Most likely a red label Diamond Professional and those only came in 3 piece slate. It wont play like a Blue label Diamond. As for whether you should replace the Gandy with it, depends on how much the Diamond is going to cost, it's condition and most importantly:who is going to set it up for you. Lot of different things to consider.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm in the process right now of rebuilding one, converting it to the blue label, no MDF slate backing, no staple bed cloth installation, and 30 point leveling system, 3 piece slate converted to one piece free floating, no slate screws used to mount the slate. Leveling system is adjustable with a 3/16" allen wrench.

Attachments

• img20190622_125500.jpg
    img20190622_125500.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 211