how are ya'll doing in league ?

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am playing with my team in a minor league in Germany. This year I am struggling with my game because after 28 years of self-educated billard I have a professional trainer since the beginning of the season. Maybe some of you know Christian Reimering. He showed me all my failures in my stroke and game. So I have to learn to walk again....not so easy. After several years of more than 60% of winning percentage I am now in the mid of 30%..... That sucks.....

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I got to play with Johnny last night. It was a experience and something I won't ever forget. We finished 3rd out of 8 teams. Felt good.

Attachments

• SG1A6051.jpg
    SG1A6051.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 127
  • SG1A6064.jpg
    SG1A6064.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 131

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3rd huh ? Not too shabby . Btw....yall make a good looking couple. :grin:

LOL Yeah... They decided to make it Double Elimination at the last minute. We made it to the Hot Seat. Which should have been the finals. But it dropped us into the losers bracket when we lost.

Anyway. 3rd's not to bad for two old men.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thursday night 9 ball I played a 7. I was ahead of him at one point then he decided to quit slacking and put a 2 pack on me. I lost 36-55 in a 38-55 race.

Tonight double jeapordy I faced the same 7 I played 9 ball Thursday night. I lost hill- hill after rattling the pocket on the 8 in the last rack.

In 9 ball I faced another 5 and I guess my break finally started working . I won 38-16 in a 38-38 race.

I have a disability in my shooting hand but it has not bothers me much lately and I have been able to break with a lil more authority. Hope it holds up.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a disability in my shooting hand but it has not bothers me much lately and I have been able to break with a lil more authority. Hope it holds up.

I hope it holds up too. Good win Pal. That first game you mentioned. You must have given him all he wanted. You were so close to pulling off the win

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope it holds up too. Good win Pal. That first game you mentioned. You must have given him all he wanted. You were so close to pulling off the win

I was actually up 33-25 at one point then he caught a gear I couldn't match lol.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was actually up 33-25 at one point then he caught a gear I couldn't match lol.

That happened to me the other week. I was a 6 at that point. Started playing... Got up 27 to 3. I was like smooth sailing. Then I missed a easy 9 and he got on a roll. I lost 12 to 8 that night and it really hurt my feelings. I am better than that.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
In the 9 ball napa singles league I get to give up 6 games tomorrow. 9-3 race, if I win that I'll be shocked. Know I'll be playing safe a bunch.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the 9 ball napa singles league I get to give up 6 games tomorrow. 9-3 race, if I win that I'll be shocked. Know I'll be playing safe a bunch.

Man I sure do miss Napa league . I will have to say it's my favorite league of all that I have played. It lasted 2 years here. Tap just folded after one session due to a couple teams folding but the league operator is trying to get it started back up again.

We are winding down our first session in usapl and I must say I really dig this league. The lo is trying to start a Saturday division and asked me to play but I said no way....i like my free Saturdays .

Apa seems to have all the players sewed up around here. Our apa lo is trying to start a Jr league here and I hope he is successful.

One note I would like to mention about having more than one league in an area. I have read on here a few times about lo's having attitudes about their members playing in other leagues. There has never been an issue between lo's in my area regarding that.

Our Napa lo played apa at the same time he was running his league.

Our usapl lo also plays apa currently.

Just last week our tap lo played on the same team with our usapl lo.

There is no....our league is better than your league attitude around here. Every one just loves to play pool and several like myself love to play different leagues just for the experience of it. I will say that there has been moments during a match where I have had to stop and think about... what rules am i playing under tonight? .. while playing in 3 different leagues a week lol.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I lost last week in APA 9-ball. I think it's my first APA 9-ball regular season loss in about 9 years. Of course, I haven't really played in 7 years, and I never play more than a few times a session :)

I never really got going, and didn't feel very comfortable. I lost 13-7, and quite frankly, my opponent (SL-8) should have swept me. But, I managed to at least get some semblance of pointage, allowing my teammates to cover my ass.

Freddie <~~~ will lose next time, too

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got in from usapl league and I gotta say what a crazy night it was. First off we only had 3 players there and since I am not the captain it did not phase me at all lol. Found out I was raised to a 490...up from a 483 last week.

In 8 ball I faced a 350. Man its hard not to get down playing low levels. Race was me 56...him 29. I won 4-0 and the score was 56-23. Going into the last rack I was concerned a little that he might win the match on points alone without ever pocketing the 8. Thankfully I managed to keep him of the 8 even though he was running 3-4 balls every time at the table it seemed.

In 9 ball I faced a 520 . Race was me 66... Him 74. I won 5 outs 6 racks for a score of me 71...him 33. He fluctuates between a 6 and 7 in apa and I have never beat him before. Truthfully ....it seemed he was a little off tonight. He missed a few I thought he should have made. Thankfully I played pretty good myself.

Now here is where the crazy part comes in and actually down right frustrating ...if not embarrassing to boot. Since we were shorthanded my captain throws me twice in 9 ball. They throw a 364. Race is me 72... Him 45.

I am gonna start off by saying i have seen some lucky ass players over the years in apa .....mainly apa 2's ..3's and 4's who make some unbelievable slop shots and seem to get good on the next ball all too often. Well this guy has to be the luckiest 9 ball player i have ever encountered.

How lucky you wonder ? Well how bout these examples ?

3 ball froze on the side rail. He smacks it at warp speed ...it goes back and forth from side rail to side rail...meanwhile cue ball heads across table hitting the 7 which knocks the 9 in. 8 ball pretty near on head spot. 9 ball pretty near on foot spot. He smacks the 8 head on at warp speed. It hits the top rail and comes back off hitting the cue ball head on. The cue balls goes back down table hitting the bottom rail...bounces off it and hits the 8 again sending it in the side pocket. Easy least shot left on a hanging 9 in the bottom left corner. Several more shots like that but you get the picture. Man i was glad when it was over lol.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team did well tonight, won 5-0 in 9 ball and 4-1 in 8 ball. I won both my 8 ball match (5-1) and my 9 ball match (6-2) was kinda cool, I had two break and runs in the last 3 racks, always nice to break and run on the last rack, takes all the drama out of it.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without a doubt. All my break and runs this year have been in the first or second rack. kind of sets the tone for the match. Good job!!!

Thanks Coop...been working hard to get back close to where I played 20 years ago...almost there