Ah, PRALINES (stirred with a laminated shaft)

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
My wife makes some wonderful homemade Pralines, from a family recipe from the 19th century. They're GREAT, I LOVE 'em. Having recently been diagnosed with diabetes, I shouldn't eat them (hell, they may have CAUSED the diabetes). Barb decided to make me some Pralines and leave out the things that were bad for me. She left out the pecans, the brown sugar, the butter, the molasses and the vanilla and just heated the Evaporated Milk.
__It was OK. Twenty minutes later, I fell asleep.
_Happy Holidays, Doug

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sucks getting older doesn't it? Whoever said these were the "golden years" had to have been a young person!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The golden years

It sucks getting older doesn't it? Whoever said these were the "golden years" had to have been a young person!

Reviving an old smorg thread for those needing something to rep.

'Sides which, I had to comment on the golden years. They call them that because that is when you can't control your bladder!

Hu

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Smorgie.....

you will always be in our hearts!

td

Thx Hu for bringing this one back up.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Thanks for the taste

I am having hard times these days. I have needed to talk to him, have things going on and am not happy to be this alone. That post cheered me up. I can remember making those pralines. Doug would set up my special table and lay out all the wax paper and newspaper for me. All the time and work it takes to make them and just when I thought I might be through, Doug would say Kenny at Planet 9 Ball asked if we had any extra we could bring to him. I would make another batch. He would tell me he was planning to go play poker and wanted to bring some up there too, I would make 2 more batches. Doug was so proud of how the candies came out and would love to tell everyone how I made them. He loved to share in my life. I miss him so much...

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
I am having hard times these days. I have needed to talk to him, have things going on and am not happy to be this alone. That post cheered me up. I can remember making those pralines. Doug would set up my special table and lay out all the wax paper and newspaper for me. All the time and work it takes to make them and just when I thought I might be through, Doug would say Kenny at Planet 9 Ball asked if we had any extra we could bring to him. I would make another batch. He would tell me he was planning to go play poker and wanted to bring some up there too, I would make 2 more batches. Doug was so proud of how the candies came out and would love to tell everyone how I made them. He loved to share in my life. I miss him so much...

Have been waiting for you to post Barb. Wondered how long it would take you to figure out how to post on this forum :)

Hope you are doing ok.

Thanks to Hu for bumping the old thread. I always smiled when reading Doug's posts, and this thread made me smile too...

Miss Doug too... AZ is definitely not the same without him...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My heart goes out to you. I hope you are able to someday not feel the pain quite so hard.

We all sure do miss Smorgie, but it comforting ands nice hearing from you when you feel like posting here. Me personally, this forum just ain't the same and never will be.

Just this morning, my boyfriend and I were commenting on how we miss chatting with him in the Live Chat on PokerStars on Sundays.

You take care. :)

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Damn it, Barb!! I'm gonna cry..........

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss #1, he awalys made me smile. I hope that your holding up Barb, its tough. I remember when my dad passed away, my mom had a time, we all did. It would be great if you come visit here, you might find comfort here being with Dougs friends. If there is something I can do please let me know or any of us, foir that matter.

my warmest regards

eric former #2, I did keep my word and made sure Doug is ahead of me in REP as I awalys will.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member

He is with you Barbara

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wish we could help.

Barbara,

I'd wish you a happy mother's day if that didn't sound so silly at the moment. All I can tell you is that the pain and emptiness does decrease with time. The loss never goes completely away.

If there is anything I can ever do for you feel free to call on me. There are many people on this forum that feel the same way so do feel free to let us know here too.

Thanks for sharing your feelings and the story behind the pralines with us.

Hu

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'd like to think Smorg is reading this thread... As a recently diagnosed diabetic, the humor now has a personal meaning. Thanks, Smorg...I'm LOL!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
You Have made my day, I have been waiting and wondering when we might be hearing from you Barb. Even if you post just now and then it feels like theres a little connection with Smorg ..... through you.:)

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

Barbarachnid,

I wish I had seen this sooner. It very nice to hear from you!! Everytime I get on the forum I always look to see how soon I can send in the green for my buddy!

This was one of my favorite Youtubes that was posted by Smorg

Enjoy!

Ray

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Thank you for posting it makes Smorgie seem closer to us. Please join us and and share your memories and feelings. The more you share, the less you carry.

Thank You,

Dwight