YOUR highest run outs or other records at Pool?

Highest number of racks I ran out during a 9-Ball match

• Total voters

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
2 were on the snap, it's not the same. You know this is the second time in the last week you've chimed in commenting on my game. As I said in the other thread I don't know you but I know of you through Mikey. If you want to take a trip back home & willing to give me 9-7 in 1 pocket or 2 on the wire to 9 in 9 ball then read my signature line Colonel.

Hey I wasn't calling you out, I've always been an admirer of your game. I can always be persuaded to visit back east, but not for either one of these games you offer.

If you'd like to entertain 10-9 1 pocket or 10 ahead nineball even, then PM me, I'll be your huckleberry.

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was playing a set of 9 ball one time, score 2-1 me, race to 9....other guy scratched on break....i ran out the set ;)

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
A lot of Swiss Pool Players never heard about 1P or Bank Pool!

Good to know there are people in this country who play One Pocket and Bank Pool! :thumbup:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Hi David,
Actually there are just a very few *persons who I know, which are playing "sometimes" 1P and even less are playing Bank Pool! Of course just for fun! NO TOURNAMENTS, NO GAMBLING, NOT ANYTHING concerning this 2 cool games!?
(*I played both games for ex. with Dimitri Jungo, Sebastian Koch, Nicolas Ernst... just for fun)

But why am I explaining that right to YOU? You know all that even much better than me!

Dear AZB-Members, you should know that David (acousticsguru) isn't only a very modest and friendly person!
No, he's also an excellent Pool Instructor and especially a real greath Player!
Believe it ot not, but he can beat (on a good day) EVERY kind of Poolplayer/opponent!

Best wishes from Biel-Bienne in Switzerland, Roberto

P.S.
Hoi David,
Wi geits dir? I ha ghört du hesch wieder agfange Turnier spile? Nach grössere Gsundheitsproblem? Hut ab, Respekt! Übrigens hätt I u di andere sicher ou gärn gwüsst, wie höch dini beschte Serie si?
Auer liebschti Grüess, Roberto

Last edited:

al-capool

Silver Member
WOW, you playing Pool, Snooker and 3-cushions like a Pro!!!

Hi.

My "Records" :smile:
I play always 9ft pool tables.

9-ball 7-runouts

8-ball 6+4-runouts. Competition I ended up game with 6 pack. Then I opened next game with 4 pack.

14.1 high run 154

7 moving balls from throw behind back on row at trick shot show.

10-ball 2 races to five, moneygames. I gave 1 ahead and opponent got first break and I ran 1+4 both games.

Snooker practice break best 141. Game 130. Competition game 84(played maybe 6-7 competitions)

3-cushion 8 points.

2 racks of rotation.

Hat off Sir,
Are you playing 1 of these 3 (Pool, Snooker or 3-cushion) as Semi-Pro? Are you sponsored by somebody, do you participate regularly at International Tournaments (for ex. EUROTOUR) and winning some good bucks? Most on gambling, on tournaments or on both?
KR Roberto

Last edited:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Good to know there are people in this country who play One Pocket and Bank Pool! :thumbup:

Hi David,
Actually there are just a very few *persons who I know, which are playing "sometimes" 1P and even less are playing Bank Pool! Of course just for fun! NO TOURNAMENTS, NO GAMBLING, NOT ANYTHING concerning this 2 cool games!?
(*I played both games for ex. with Dimitri Jungo, Sebastian Koch, Nicolas Ernst... just for fun)

But why am I explaining that right to YOU? You know all that even much better than me!

Dear AZB-Members, you should know that David (acousticsguru) isn't only a very modest and friendly person!
No, he's also an excellent Pool Instructor and especially a real greath Player!
Believe it ot not, but he can beat (on a good day) EVERY kind of Poolplayer/opponent!

Best wishes from Biel-Bienne in Switzerland, Roberto

P.S.
Hoi David,
Wi geits dir? I ha ghört du hesch wieder agfange Turnier spile? Nach grössere Gsundheitsproblem? Hut ab, Respekt! Übrigens hätt I u di andere sicher ou gärn gwüsst, wie höch dini beschte Serie si?
Auer liebschti Grüess, Roberto

Thank you, Roberto, for the kind words!

I genuinely meant to give expression to my joy that there appear to be people in this country who play some of my favorite games (Straight Pool, One Pocket, Banks), when in my neck of the woods, nobody does…

Not sure if you've seen the little 14.1 instructional I put up here, maybe you'll enjoy it (it should also serve as proof I'm still alive):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=409570

As to records, believe it or not, those don't mean much anymore to an old man with a bad back who increasingly feels as blind as a bat… :wink:

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hat off Sir,
Are you playing 1 of these 3 (Pool, Snooker or 3-cushion) as Semi-Pro? Are you sponsored by somebody, do you participate regularly at International Tournaments (for ex. EUROTOUR) and winning some good bucks? Most on gambling, on tournaments or on both?
KR Roberto

My game is pool. I competed 15years in Finnish pool scene. Then got back problems so nowadays I compete only couple times per year. I am only amateur because I'm not good enough.
Playing all games just for fun. Also Finnish Kaisa and pyramid.
I don't make money from because I live almost arctic circle so here are not same caliber players. I gamble whenever someone want. Also when I'm at competitive trip but gambling is rare candy.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 ball-5 racks
8 ball-3 racks
10 ball-3 racks
14.1- 101 balls
there may have been higher totals but in 55 years of playing it gets a little hard to remember.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As to records, believe it or not, those don't mean much anymore to an old man with a bad back who increasingly feels as blind as a bat… :wink:

[/i]

One record I'd like to know from you... 14.1 highest run? Because I know you made this year 192 .. Not bad for blind man

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
One record I'd like to know from you... 14.1 highest run? Because I know you made this year 192 .. Not bad for blind man

My best earlier this year was 197 with the toughest shot in it easier than the average in 9-Ball (so much for the blind old man) - and I've made it a rule never to compare myself to my younger self anymore, sparing me the agony, so to speak.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't played with any regularity for 3 years now, but when I did... I could run a few tables/balls

All on 9'

9 ball - 8 racks
8 ball - 12 racks in winner break event. I ran last 3 racks, won the lag and ran 5 for the match, won the lag and ran to the 8 and missed on 5th rack. Funny part about the 5-0 match that I ran out.... the guy's buddies was having a laugh and asked the guy what happened. He said, "I dogged the lag".

Snooker - 142 (12' table)
1 pocket 13 balls.
10 ball - 4 pack.

I would give up all those runs/balls for the 2 pack of rotation posted here. I watched Dennis O run a 3 pack of rotation, probably the most impressive shooting I've seen on a table.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
All on 9 fters.

9ball, I was losing 7-1 in a race to 9 against a local, R. Romanoff.
He broke dry, I ran out and then broke and ran out the set. ( I count that as a 7, not 8) I still lost the money that night.
Was playing a local kid we called "The Shmo" giving him the 5ball, races to 6. Score was 1-1, he missed a ball, and i ran out. Then I broke and ran a 4 pack to win the set, won the coin toss for the next set, and opened up with a 4 pack, and he quit.
(I count that as an 8)

10 ball - 6 pack.

14.1 - 159 back in 2010

Banks - I've banked 5 and out plenty of times, and banked 9 and out a couple of times playing full rack while giving weight.
Most games/balls strung together, Short rack I've broken and banked 5 and out 3 times in a row to beat someone at the Derby way back in the day. 2nd to that would be against Howard Vickery at the Derby where I won the lag, broke and banked 5 and out twice, broke and banked a 3, got into a safe battle, and lost the match from there.

Last edited:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I think I read the question wrong? I picked 8-9. lol
9 balls.
1 rack. ;)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
9' - 7racks twice
7' - 7racks once
Banks - at least 5 - not really sure.
3 cushion - dont know
snooker - dont remember
All probably 20 plus yrs ago.

Ran a 5pack on a 9' using Coreys soft break a few yrs ago.
Dont play much anymore, hopefully I'll have a good numer on the 10'er soon.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
9 on the break has got to be part of the pack.

If you were Earl, running the 11 pack for the million dollars....do you really want to be in

the position of NOT making the 9 on the snap or you won't get paid.

I was at a tournament years ago, and the TD said there is a g-note for a 7-pack or better...

.....but nines on the break don't count.

I stood up and told him to not consider me for the g-note....he asked "Why not?"

I said "I don't want to be in the ludicrous position of running a six-pack....and hoping I

DON'T make the nine on the break."

He said " Good point...nines count on the break."

...nobody ran a seven-pack, though

It counted as a win in that match but I didn't count it as part of high package run as I didn't really "run" those racks.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Hey I wasn't calling you out, I've always been an admirer of your game. I can always be persuaded to visit back east, but not for either one of these games you offer.

If you'd like to entertain 10-9 1 pocket or 10 ahead nineball even, then PM me, I'll be your huckleberry.

You've been PM'ed.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It counted as a win in that match but I didn't count it as part of high package run as I didn't really "run" those racks.

I'm counting your pack as nine whether you like it or not....
...it's not so bad to have people giving you more credit than you give yourself. :)

....well, except in action....so here's how we'll handle it.
...if you're making a game, your pack will be a seven...
...if I'm trying to sell your services to a sponsor, your pack is nine.

Twice I've finished a five ahead (for a pretty good chunk of cash) with nines on the snap
back to back.....I'm calling them two packs....for the packages...:happydance:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
My highest run out was probably in Denver, elevation about one mile. I was stuck three sets and about to lose the fourth, when I slowly eased over toward the door, then when my opponent got down to shoot the 9 I slipped out the door and ran as a fast as I could. I've had other run outs, but none that high.

al-capool

Silver Member
1 mile at 9-Ball = WOW!

My highest run out was probably in Denver, elevation about one mile. I was stuck three sets and about to lose the fourth, when I slowly eased over toward the door, then when my opponent got down to shoot the 9 I slipped out the door and ran as a fast as I could. I've had other run outs, but none that high.

1 mile = That's for real a high run out to remember! LOL

Last edited: