lifting a diamond 9' professional

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
so....late Monday, early Tuesday got about 5" of rain in about a 3 hour period. more than my basement could handle. had previous engagements and couldn't get to it until this evening.....

pulled out all the carpet and pad this evening. cleaned/disinfected/etc.

the table is a 9' diamond professional 3 piece slate. I need to get the carpet and pad out from under the feet....

AZ1.jpg

my question is this: can I put some kind of cribbing under the frame (thinking a couple/few 2x6) and use a floor jack to raise each end of the table about 1/8" (or less) to pull out the carpet and pad? worried about popping one of the slate(s). any knowledge/expertise appreciated....

pic of the frame under table end....

AZ2.jpg

thanks in advance.

dustin miller

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
so....late Monday, early Tuesday got about 5" of rain in about a 3 hour period. more than my basement could handle. had previous engagements and couldn't get to it until this evening.....

pulled out all the carpet and pad this evening. cleaned/disinfected/etc.

the table is a 9' diamond professional 3 piece slate. I need to get the carpet and pad out from under the feet....

View attachment 527233

my question is this: can I put some kind of cribbing under the frame (thinking a couple/few 2x6) and use a floor jack to raise each end of the table about 1/8" (or less) to pull out the carpet and pad? worried about popping one of the slate(s). any knowledge/expertise appreciated....

pic of the frame under table end....

View attachment 527234

thanks in advance.

dustin miller
You can get a 2X6 and lift it easy. You only need to lift it very little.

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can get a 2X6 and lift it easy. You only need to lift it very little.

You have the right idea! just go slow!

Trent from Toledo

Spider/Trent

Yeah, thought I was on the right track, just wanted to bounce if off some guys that know their business to make sure. Thanks for the input.

Worked like a charm. No problems.

AZ3.jpg

AZ4.jpg

AZ5.jpg

Ended up ripping a couple pre-cut 2x6 at 50" and affixed them together with a half dozen #16 finish nails (effectively a 3"x5-1/2"x 50" cribbing). It just happened to sit perfectly in the rental floor jack's saddle.

Also to little gambler and ROB.M - thanks for the PMs fellas.

:smile: