Johann Chua

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, congrats to Jeff Ignacio for beating Archer last week. I predicted that beforehand, but many people did not. He is a hell of a player.

With that being said, I personally believe that Johann Chua is the best up and coming Filipino out there. I have seen videos on YouTube of him beating Ignacio for the cheese and other great players as well. His play is flawless.

I would not bet against him playing anybody in the world right now, including Shane or Dennis.

He will be a World Champion in the next 5 years for sure.

Just thought I would share. I enjoy watching him play more than anybody on the planet right now.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
First off, congrats to Jeff Ignacio for beating Archer last week. I predicted that beforehand, but many people did not. He is a hell of a player.

With that being said, I personally believe that Johann Chua is the best up and coming Filipino out there. I have seen videos on YouTube of him beating Ignacio for the cheese and other great players as well. His play is flawless.

I would not bet against him playing anybody in the world right now, including Shane or Dennis.

Just thought I would share. I enjoy watching him play more than anybody on the planet right now.

I completely agree. :thumbup:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well thanks for sharing :scratchhead:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
He will be a champ for sure! First met him in Feb 2007 in Side Pocket in Quezon City, aged 15 and playing a moneymatch on the table next to Ronato Alcano. After a few minutes of watching the world champion in action, my eyes moved to Chua. He was a thrill to watch

Here's a report from a newspaper after he break and ran 5 consecutive racks to seal a win over W. Kiamco in a 64-man event in Cebu. (Ps: no need to read the rest of the story, just the first few paragraphs)
http://www.philstar.com/sports/68615/teener-steals-show-rips-kiamco?nomobile=1

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He will be a champ for sure! First met him in Feb 2007 in Side Pocket in Quezon City, aged 15 and playing a moneymatch on the table next to Ronato Alcano. After a few minutes of watching the world champion in action, my eyes moved to Chua. He was a thrill to watch

Here's a report from a newspaper after he break and ran 5 consecutive racks to seal a win over W. Kiamco in a 64-man event in Cebu. (Ps: no need to read the rest of the story, just the first few paragraphs)
http://www.philstar.com/sports/68615/teener-steals-show-rips-kiamco?nomobile=1
I see Egie Geronimo in the article too...not only a great player, but awesome name!!

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johann Chua is my current favourite player too. He is so fun to watch and is the complete package. He can break, shoots straight and can play excellent safeties too. Was very impressed with him when he won the Japan Open last year, beating the great SVB along the way to title.

Does anybody know if he has a US visa already? I would love to see him in the US Open this year. It would be great to see him play challenge matches with Justin Bergman and Sky Woodward too. Can't believe he is almost 24 yrs old because he still looks boyish and young looking.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know anything factual about his Visa situation but i do know many have said that there are other great players there "who cant get a visa". Apparently it is not easy for most so I doubt he has one yet.

PS- I know MANY pool players who have over stayed their Visa time in the US. One time a WPBA player didnt play in one of their Canadian events as they were afraid they wouldn't be able to return to the US.

Im sure there are a few stayovers out there right now.

BMC361

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(Ps: no need to read the rest of the story, just the first few paragraphs)

Also winning their opening round matches in the top half of the draw were fellow Jharome Peña and Jundel Mazon, who demolished Roy Steffensen, (9-0), and Elmer Haya (9-2), respectively. :smile: