BK Rush of without a glove

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be wrong but I cannot recall anyone using a Revo without wearing a glove.

I hate pool gloves. Is it workable to us a BK Rush without a glove?

Thanks

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a carbon fiber shaft is brand new it feels as smooth as playing with a glove. Like any shaft, it will pick up grime from your fingers and feel sticky. You will need to clean the shaft occasionally. The Revo wipes that come with it work great. Alternatively you can clean it with a microfiber clothe followed up with isopropyl alcohol (90%). It really helps. Even still you might find all that doesn’t help if your hands get sticky in a humid environment. That’s just as bad as wood shafts in a similar environment. In those scenarios you’re either grabbing some talc, wearing a glove or getting used to the cue rubbing and lurching over your skin.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
The reason I bought a Revo and a BK Rush was not to wear a glove. I had been suffering using powder for many years.

These shafts are smooth. You can clean them practically with anything wet. Wipe them down occasionally, and they are like new.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason I bought a Revo and a BK Rush was not to wear a glove. I had been suffering using powder for many years.

These shafts are smooth. You can clean them practically with anything wet. Wipe them down occasionally, and they are like new.

Totally agree. When i first hit one at Olathe tourn. in March i was amazed at how slick it was. No need for a glove. You don't need to buy the Predator wipes either. My buddy just uses a SLIGHTLY damp cloth followed by a dry microfiber. If it really gets grungy you can use a little alcohol

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody needs to use a glove with a Revo shaft. You can choose to, but a glove is unnecessary. The shafts do not accumulate dirt and grit like a wood shaft will. As mentioned, the Revo shaft is very easy to clean. I've been playing with mine for over 2 years, and have only needed to clean the shaft 2 or 3 times.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be wrong but I cannot recall anyone using a Revo without wearing a glove.

I hate pool gloves. Is it workable to us a BK Rush without a glove?

Thanks

I've never used a Revo shaft but like you I'm not a fan of gloves which is why I use powder like real men do.

MrSharp

Registered
I never use a glove with my Revo’s or my Bk rush, just keep them clean with lens wipes and keep my hands clean too.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I break with a BK Rush. I don't and never have used a glove. I wash my hands with soap and water and dry them thoroughly if I feel any stickiness with any of my cues, wood or carbon fiber. If the Rush shaft is dirty at all, I take about a 1/4" worth of my water straw and drip it on a paper towel. Wipe it down, then wipe with dry paper towel. Perfectly smooth after that. Maybe I'll wipe it with alcohol if I ever notice any build up, but so far, I have not needed to do that.

For what it's worth, best break cue by a mile to me!

KMRUNOUT

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Op:

Like some have said, nobody needs or has to use a glove with any CB shaft. Matter of fact, we don't "need" a glove with a proper wood shaft either.

Myself, I prefer a glove no matter what shaft I'm using. To me, pool is all about consistency. My hands not "may" but "will" vary in dryness from day to day. Hell, my hand moisture varies from hour to hour.

A glove, if kept clean will stay much more consistent compared to our skin.

To me, it's like comfort with the stroke, stance etc.... just because its comfy does not mean it's correct.

To me, being consistent = being better.

I want to be the best (MOST CONSISTENT) "I" can be. If that means I wear a glove, so be it.

Rake

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Een using Revo shafts for the last 18+ months and never used a glove ever. Silky smooth every use. I do wipe it down after any league night and use the wipes every 2 uses.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My hands sweat no matter what. I have tried every product under the sun to keep my hands dry with no success. Down here in south Louisiana we have more humidity than oxygen. I have friends who can shoot w/o gloves and I really envy them. But for me and a majority of the shooters in my venues, it's shooting gloves, wood shafts or Revo's.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never used a Revo shaft but like you I'm not a fan of gloves which is why I use powder like real men do.

Leave the powder for the women, real men don't give a sh... what other people think and wear gloves :cool:

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started using a glove several years ago, because the humidity in Oklahoma can be bad...

Now that I've done that, I will always use a glove. I'll try a REVO some day, but I'll probably stay with my Guido Orlandi Shafts for now...