AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does any know if the new Duramith balls are better than the old
top of the line made by aramith

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They play same IMO. Only difference I feel is that they keep clean better and don´t need as much care. Some players say they feel difference but I can´t really.
So little bit better. IMO.
Love them.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They play same IMO. Only difference I feel is that they keep clean better and don´t need as much care. Some players say they feel difference but I can´t really.
So little bit better. IMO.
Love them.
Roger that. Great balls all-around. Seem to not leave marks on cloth like the older sets.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
In the current line-up, Duramith are graded higher than Super Pro. According to the Simonis rep, the Duramith balls are heat vitrified, where as Super Pros are not. The ball surface should be hard as glass, and more resistant to scratches. The surface (shine) should last longer than Aramith Pro because its harder.

Last edited:

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Used both long term; as previous posters have mentioned, they hold their shine much better

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Just got a set of Aramith Tournament balls to replace my 10+ year old Centennials.

Love 'em so far.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a set of Aramith Tournament balls to replace my 10+ year old Centennials.

Love 'em so far.
I have both the Aramith Tournament (Duramith) balls as well as Brunswick Centennial balls. I prefer the look of both over the Aramith Super Pros which I have as well. I would say the Aramith Tournament are my favorite over the Centennial balls, perhaps just because they look a little different around the numbers. I also far prefer the Aramith Red Circle cue ball over either the Aramith measle cue ball or the blue circle centennial cue ball - both of which show chalk marks much more and both are much harder to wipe off the chalk marks (while playing) as opposed to the red circle.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does any know if the new Duramith balls are better than the old

top of the line made by aramith

I’ve played with those balls at Turning Stone. They play excellent. I’d say very similar to the Super Aramith. Maybe a tiny bit “harder” feeling. Also I slightly prefer the looks.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Pierre Shakes

Registered
I just got 25 sets of Duramith balls for Peacock Billiards in Victoria, Canada. The real players were amazed. When will I make my money back on those, I asked my son. Never, he said. I justified it by saying that I was running out of things to make perfect. What art project can you make with 400 used Premier balls, some 35 years old?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found them to play heavier than the super pros. A room I occasion has them and super pros and if had a hard time adjusting.

The super pros do have a lot more use, but I also have a set at home that I bought new and while there's no data...I find the duramith set is definitely different.

I want a set. Gonna sell my super pros and any some, some day.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I really like my Aramith Premium set.

Are the more expensive sets really worth the extra cost?

I do admit the Brunswick Centennial set is easy on the eyes.....

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like my Aramith Premium set.

Are the more expensive sets really worth the extra cost?

I do admit the Brunswick Centennial set is easy on the eyes.....
Everybody has their own preference, but the Aramith Tournament (Duramith) set is to me, the best looking set of balls currently on the market!

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a set of touney's a couple of years ago when the billiard education foundation was selling used sets for fundraising.

I've cleaned them exactly once in that time, and they are shiny right now any play just like my super pro set.

I switched to a measles ball that I'd just polished like 3 days ago, and that sum***** already needs a cleaning. The price difference between the duramith is WELL worth the price of not having to clean them all the damn time, IMO.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard the duramiths were cleaner. I like how they play...…….

I think I should get some :cool:

mannylasker

Registered
In my experience, the Duramith balls stay clean much longer than the Super Aramith Pros or the Brunswick Centennials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DennisG

Registered
I have three sets: Duramith Tournament, Brunswick Centennial and Aramith Super Pro. I love the Duramith and as has been said, they almost never need cleaning. But in my opinion they aren't quite as shiny when polished as either of the other two.

I have not used the Super Pros yet. I got that Aramith kit that comes with those balls with the measle ball, the cue sticks, cue rack, the Rempe cue ball, leather pea bottle with wooden peas, bridge for a song on Craigslist and sold the cues to almost cover the cost of the whole kit. They look real nice with a little plainer pattern and larger numbers and they shine like crazy new.

The Centennials have a classic look with a little more detail in the bold circle around the numbers than the other two. I had a set that came with my table but mostly used the duramith that I bought for my old table. Sold the Centennials but I realized I loved that classic look and found another slightly used set and bought them again.

They look great when polished, but they seem to get spots on them that almost look like water spots after not much use. Can anyone explain that phenomenon?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Centennials are known for showing their impact marks from the cue ball colliding with the object ball. The daily evidence of how balls wear down over the years.

~ K