How long should I wait before calling the cue maker.

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
If a maker says he will call you in about two weeks how long do you wait before you call him back.
This is for a major repair on a cue he did not build if it makes a differance.We had allready discused it on the phone so he knew exactally what I was wanting done.I am in no rush but its been a month and a half with no call.Its a pretty well known maker so I know he has his own stuff and he had a death in his family but it was before the last call.I would'nt even ask this question if they had not said they would call.
If somehow you figure out who the maker I'm talking about is please DO NOT DO NOT call him.
I would also like to add if you(maker) are a member on this site and you read this please do not be offended by my post.I am in know way trying to rush you.

knifemaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
call

That is a reasonable question and you should call him. He has probably got tied up and forgot to call. In my knife business if I don't get back with someone when I say I will I want them to call. It probably sliped his mind.
That does not insinuate that he has done anything wrong, he may be busy and doesn't mind you calling to check, and let him know you understand he is probably busy, and you just wanted to check. There is nothing wrong with being excited about getting your cue back or a new one for that matter. I am having one made now and have e-mailed several times just checking and I let him know I am exicited and want to check that is all.
Call and don't feel bad he will understand
Percy

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would say after a month and a half it would be okay to call and ask the status. I usually tell people to check back with me in a couple of weeks for an update instead of telling them I will call in a couple of weeks. That way I won't forget and tell them I will do something and forget. I call time frames on completing projects guesstimates. And that is what it is a estimated guess. Often I get things done faster than guesstimated, but the opposite often happens also. So I don't mind a call around the time that I guesstimated. And then I either tell them it is ready, give a better time frame or make another guesstimate. :)
So asking for another guesstimate at this time would certainly be a reasonable request for you to ask from the cuemaker.

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if i told you to call me in two weeks and 16 days went by, i would expect you to call. anything might have happened. maybe he lost your phone number or spilled some glue on it. give him a call ,dont be shy.

bill

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
If a maker says he will call you in about two weeks how long do you wait before you call him back.
This is for a major repair on a cue he did not build if it makes a differance.We had allready discused it on the phone so he knew exactally what I was wanting done.I am in no rush but its been a month and a half with no call.Its a pretty well known maker so I know he has his own stuff and he had a death in his family but it was before the last call.I would'nt even ask this question if they had not said they would call.
If somehow you figure out who the maker I'm talking about is please DO NOT DO NOT call him.
I would also like to add if you(maker) are a member on this site and you read this please do not be offended by my post.I am in know way trying to rush you.

I would say two weeks and 1 day.

I'm not advocating that you be rude, but methinks you may be being too understanding also.

Whenever I promised a client a call within "X" time I always called ... even if I didn't have an answer yet.

At the same time, if I ask for a time estimate and am told 2 weeks then I expect at least an update within 2 weeks.

Many business people don't because many customers have unrealistic time expectations and feel that their situation is always more important than everyone else's and it's easy to get tired of having to deal with that ... but, it's part of having a business.

I have over time set up a small clique of people that I do personal business with. They are all good at what they do, but the reason that they all were selected to be my go to person was whether or not I could count on them to do what they say and by when they say.

LWW