Working for a living...

miscrewed1989

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't posted in awhile. Some of you were interested in what would happen to my game once I started working. Well, it is dropping. I guess what I noticed first was, after a full day at work I don't have the stamina I once had. Being tired and fatigued affects most all aspects of one's game. The second thing I have noticed is my level of confidence is dropping. This causes me to second guess myself at times and also not commit to the shot.
On weekends, with some rest, I seem to be able to pick it back up after some warm up and practice.
So...there's the update. Maybe I'll hit the lottery soon and not have to go back work...:thumbup2:

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Work Blows

Yup, same thing is happening here. First thing to definitely go is the confidence which ultimately effects everything in your game. Shots you know will go don't go and position you once considered easy turns out to be one hell of a task to get. It's funny how quick the stroke disappears ain't it?

Best way I found to stay sharp is to shoot with friends for just plain old fun to build up that stroke again. Can't shoot in tournaments or even in league if you have no confidence.

RPope

Registered
I too have found that being a productive member of society for the past 20+ years has had a negative affect on my pool game. I unfortunately have not found a way around this situation as of yet.

~Pope

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the unemployed play better. I think Obama may help produce much better players here in the US so we can compete better against the world.
always look at the bright side.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Cheer up miscrewed1989.

If the 1989 in your screen name is your birth-year (like it is for many screen names) you've only got about another 40 years of working ahead of you.

There are many of us on this website who would trade places with you in heartbeat.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have found that being a productive member of society for the past 20+ years has had a negative affect on my pool game. I unfortunately have not found a way around this situation as of yet.

~Pope

:rolleyes:

I knew a lot of people at work that weren't very productive....:smile:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheer up miscrewed1989.

If the 1989 in your screen name is your birth-year (like it is for many screen names) you've only got about another 40 years of working ahead of you.

There are many of us on this website who would trade places with you in heartbeat.

i would trade birth years but I don't want to work another 40 years :shocked2:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Cheer up miscrewed1989.

Perhaps not...check out the link in my signature. I've been working since I was 12 bagging groceries at my family's small butcher shop. I paid for my first car with cash, college with cash and almost have my house paid for. And I'm 35. Not too bad. One thing I've learned is this - save early, save often, and avoid debt. Best of luck...

P.S. - I've also found a way to develop a stroke - partly because I bought 2 pool tables for my basement (yes, bought with cash as well...)

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep

.........it is true that the best pool I ever played was when I was unemployed...

miscrewed1989

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lmfao!

Ok, just to clarify, the 1989 in my screen name refers to the year I started playing pool. I have had an official paying job since I was 14 years old, which was 31 years ago. Last year I resigned from my job because I was fed up with the way the company was treating employees. I didn't work for a year during which I played alot of pool.
The original post in this thread was just a follow up to a post when I started working again. Some had asked to keep them posted on which aspects of my pool game would dwindle first. So, that's what I did.