Value of every day player cue

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I bring 3 cues with me to league every week. Breaker is 700, back up cue is 1400 & shooter is 2400.

I have like 10 other cues I keep at home worth between 1200 to 3000.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know many people have very nice and expensive cues here. What would you
say is the value of the cue you take to the pool room for serious play.Not the one
keep at home.

For some, there seems to be a false belief that expensive or collector cues are not used regularly and/or not used at pool halls.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
say is the value of the cue you take to the pool room for serious play.Not the one
keep at home.

Priceless.

But I paid $35 for it...with two shafts...and a Fellini case...in 1985...

Cychotron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, ill be in for almost $1400 with everything. Half of which was xmas/bday funds. Only waiting on my willie blade custom.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My player is about $1500 give or take. Pretty much I will that with me if I'm playing, as if I am playing there's a 99% chance I will be km action and ill pretty much always known that before even going out anywhere. As to a place being " too rough " of a place - well that's never concerned me and often " too rough " places are where the good action is LOL! I have however been keeping a cheap $300-$400 " just incase " cue in the trunk at all times. Also, I've never had a problem jist playing off the wall as long as it has a half decent tip.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amounts invested
Favorite playing cues: $3500 and $3000
League playing cue: $500
Break cue: $100
Jump cue: $60

Menelaus10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My every day cue - Priceless. Seriously though, I would not take a cue out that is irreplaceable, but I've often shot with an $900 Rauenzahn at the local pool hall, never a bar.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t have a bunch of cues for that reason. I don’t want the urge to be changing all the time. So whatever cue I have is my player.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Im playing with a Scruggs 4 point that is an awesome player but I am a nervous wreck the whole time Im using it because Im afraid Im going to damage it. I am selling it and buying a $200 Schmelke.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
JD Cue. Paid $475 for it used. Best playing Cue I have ever owned.

bmUeuuGl.jpg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
keep at home.

While I do have some half-decent cues, none of them are left at home unless I am out of space in my case LOL

My main cue now is a $350 plain full splice cue from a local maker in NH, but I also have a Ned Morris worth more than double that and my son has a Lomax that he valued at $1,600, they all usually come with us. There are also usually 4-5 shafts between us worth $100-150 each. And of course half the people own cases worth $200+. I guess we have about $3,000, 3,500 worth of stuff when we go play.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with my Gus Szamboti hoppe cue.

Somewhere between $7500 - $10K.

If I wanted just a low cost players cue, I would get either a Rick Howard or Andy Gilbert cue. They are great players, good resale, and of high quality.

Ken

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For years I usally took a cue worth around 1000 to 2500 to the pool hall, but about
3 months ago I bought my daughter a 100 dollar South West knock off and it's one
of the best playing cues I've used.

So long story short I gave my daughter a 1975 Adam cue and confiscated her cue,
I couldn't help my self hell this cheap cue seems to make everything here lately LOL.

Cannon14.1

Registered
Player’s cues. They are made with hard rock maple, come with various tapers and they all come with a 100% lifetime warranty against warping and defects. Affix your favorite tip and you’ll have a super sold cure for less than $200. Reliable, well engineered and beyond effective; their cures are not unattractive either. It’s my go to recommendation for an entry level, reliable/ trustworthy “playing cue”.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
My main player is my Big Pin Scruggs 4 pt. Cost me around 1500. Pure magic :D

It doesn't matter which cue I bring, as long as it has one of my Gulyassy SPTX shafts on it.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the case I bring to the pool room is worth about $2k with everything in it

I have a few cheaper cues ($1-300 range) that I keep to bring to bars/less reputable rooms