True or False?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Would you say this statement is true or false? If you can rack 15 balls and break and run out w/o missing two times or more, there is probably nothing at all wrong with your AIM. The few times you miss is because of something you did or didn’t do in your PSR, you tried to do too much with the shot (shoot too hard/cheat too much of the pocket/use too much juice, played poor position (making the shot very hard), ball skidded, mental error, or a ton of other stuff. I say in almost everyone’s case this statement is true. My point is if you can make that amount of balls w/o missing...work on other parts of your game. Johnnyt

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Johnny;

I have rewritten my response - the first one was confusing, especially to me.

I do agree that if someone can run 30 balls with regular consistency then they are aiming pretty good.

Now that they are aiming good then, yes, work on another aspect of your game such as position play in an effort to up the 30 balls to a higher number.

Best,
Brian kc

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
To clarify my understanding,

Johnny,

At 2 misses per rack we're talking 15/2 = 7.5 balls average, and at 3 misses per rack 15/3 = 5 average. So, if you can run consistently run 5 balls, should you continue to work on your aim?

Brian,

Are you saying run two racks to get a truer sampling, or two racks without missing 30/0?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
To clarify my understanding,

Johnny,

At 2 misses per rack we're talking 15/2 = 7.5 balls average, and at 3 misses per rack 15/3 = 5 average. So, if you can run consistently run 5 balls, should you continue to work on your aim?

Brian,

Are you saying run two racks to get a truer sampling, or two racks without missing 30/0?

Two racks or more w/o missing. Johnnyt

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Depends if this is attempted on a 9 foot table or a barbox w/ Ridgeback rails.

Eric >:p

ThePoliteSniper

Fruitshop Owner
Silver Member
I say I don't know. What I do know is that over 90% of my misses are caused by not hitting the object ball where I intended to hit it.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Depends if this is attempted on a 9 foot table or a barbox w/ Ridgeback rails.

Eric >:p

...and whether this table is inside, or out on your patio... and whether you're "lemoning it" on purpose to attract the attention of the house painters painting the neighbors house...

:p

-Sean

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you say this statement is true or false? If you can rack 15 balls and break and run out w/o missing two times or more, there is probably nothing at all wrong with your AIM. The few times you miss is because of something you did or didn’t do in your PSR, you tried to do too much with the shot (shoot too hard/cheat too much of the pocket/use too much juice, played poor position (making the shot very hard), ball skidded, mental error, or a ton of other stuff. I say in almost everyone’s case this statement is true. My point is if you can make that amount of balls w/o missing...work on other parts of your game. Johnnyt
I say true,i have noticed over the years,after me missing an easy or a tough shot ,i would feel as my stroke had a tiny flaw in it ,sometimes not all the times,sometimes my stroke would feel nice and smooth and straight,and i would still miss,but when i feel that tiny miss in my stroke,its weird because i dont realize it until iam done shooting.

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going out on a limb and saying false. Only because you can always improve your aiming, and that's why pool's a lifelong journey.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
You should always work on any weak area in your game. I have broken and ran 15 full racks. That does not mean that my aim does not need work at all. My position play was good enough that I mostly had "easy" shots. Hence, the not missing.

However, there are certain shots I had always had trouble making. Whether I used ghost ball, contact point to contact point, or any other way. Learning a new aiming system has been a blessing to me, because now I no longer have trouble making those tough shots like I used to!

You can never have too many arrows in your quiver! On the other hand, if you can run two racks, your primary focus in practice should not be just on aiming, but on any weak areas you find.

Good post Neil.

My eye sight is failing quick. Need glasses to read anything. The balls blur now so I need to take an extra practice stroke or so just to keep the aim tight. But what ends MY runs more often then not is when I try to do too much with snow. For example, I tend to try to throw too many shots with english to get perfect po rather then just accept general po. As I'm sure you know, the speed varies the throw, as does distance. That concept, for me, is always tough to understand. That's my weak area. Or one of them at least! :)