Re:Cuetec R360 Cue

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can a guy just buy the R360 shaft and use one of his older Cuetec butts soes that he wont have to buy the entire cue? Is the shaft sold separately?

r/DCP

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
R360 is the only shaft you shall ever try and use. It's not even close to thunderbolt or SST.

I dunno about that. If you look at the video, and the picture, the Thunderbolt KINDA has the same design as the R360.
How do we know they didn't just rename it?

http://youtu.be/v9laVDb8O5M

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 417

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Edge cue with r360 shaft was a good hitter. wasn't as refined as some of the great customs i have owned. missed the feel of a great cortland linen wrap so i had the underlining made perfect and the cortland put on and double pressed..a good hitter became a great hitter. Cortland is hard to find but there is still some around..a good cue repair man will do a classy job..You may not want a custom!

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Yes, but it isn't much cheaper than buying the entire cue- maybe you save $40

$168 for the cue at Ozone Billiards.
$144 for the shaft at Ozone Billiards.
Free shipping on both.
$24 dollar difference.

Seems kinda nitty to just get the shaft instead of the whole thing with the butt it actually belongs to. LOL

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok guys, my mistake. I don't keep up with Cuetec. I consider it junk.

Since there is a chance they have improved their product in the last several years I thought I might try this R360. I didn't realize the shaft by itself was almost as much as the cue. If I get one I will get the entire cue. But I don't like those goofy designs of theirs.

r/DCP

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Ok guys, my mistake. I don't keep up with Cuetec. I consider it junk.

Since there is a chance they have improved their product in the last several years I thought I might try this R360. I didn't realize the shaft by itself was almost as much as the cue. If I get one I will get the entire cue. But I don't like those goofy designs of theirs.

r/DCP
You have made about 1/4+ of the post in this thread. Each one is obvious you hate Cuetec. You are not adding anything productive to the discussion. Use GOOGLE once in awhile. Move along Doc.......

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have made about 1/4+ of the post in this thread. Each one is obvious you hate Cuetec. You are not adding anything productive to the discussion. Use GOOGLE once in awhile. Move along Doc.......

According to my calculations I haven't made anywhere near 25%+ of the posts in this thread. And I've helped add, as a result of my posts, the information that Cuetec still utilizes that Implex joint and NOT stainless steel.

And I don't hate Cuetec. They used to be junk. If they have improved their product I would like to find out. I might even consider getting one.

r/DCP

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If you put tape on the joint on six different brands of cues, at least 75% of players couldn't tell one from the other from the hit. Probably SVB wouldn't get them all right. Johnnyt

Last edited:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But I don't like a plain jane cue either. I want it to look good.

r/DCP

I have to admit this was the driving reason behind replacing my R360 (solid black) cue with my current Lucasi with an OB Classic + Shaft.

Somewhat of a vain move I suppose but there you have it.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its been over two years since this thread was alive and well.

Anybody have any further thoughts about the Cuetec R360 at this point?

r/DCP