Joint type(s)

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is my understanding (?) that a steel jointed cue produces a harder feeling hit than other type joint materials. Do you agree? Are there cuemakers who use other joint materials besides stainless who also say their cues hit as hard or nearly as hard as a steel joint? If so can you name a few for consideration? My preference is the feel of a hard hitting cue.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The old saying, "If it ain't broke don't fix it" applies. Get yourself a stainless jointed cue.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joint type

Thanks for your comments. To better explain, perhaps, what I am looking to find is a cue with a non stainless joint that, if possible, hits (resonates) as closely as possible to what a stainless joint does. I confess I am a cue addict and have bought several of both type joints. Maybe a better question is what material(s) would you suggest using to produce the "hit" of stainless? Knowing that it will not effect my playing ability. As "Popeye" said "I yam what I yam", lol.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
You mean you like the way steel joints play but you don't like the way it looks? Just order yourself an ivory-sleeved stainless steel joint.