2020 even messed with the break

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Three ob balls must pass the head string rule???

Yep, the rule that made the "fix" about as bad as what they were trying to fix. Now instead of having soft breaks they have hard breaks where balls are made that are not compliant. Bit of a lack of thinking there.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does smashing the hell out of the rack with a full hit no longer work? I know the rack spot and break box adjust every year... in spite of that the smash no longer works?

I recall the Mills vs Shane TAR match where Shane got rid of the dink break and smashed them to come back and win convincingly.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does smashing the hell out of the rack with a full hit no longer work? I know the rack spot and break box adjust every year... in spite of that the smash no longer works?

I recall the Mills vs Shane TAR match where Shane got rid of the dink break and smashed them to come back and win convincingly.

The euro tour likes to use a "no rack" rack by using tapped in areas of the cloth to seat the balls. It's not a very good way to do it and I'd guess is responsible for the breaks that come from it.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The euro tour likes to use a "no rack" rack by using tapped in areas of the cloth to seat the balls. It's not a very good way to do it and I'd guess is responsible for the breaks that come from it.

the three-point break rule and making divots in the slate are gross things

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
the three-point break rule and making divots in the slate are gross things
There are few good alternatives. The break at nine ball has been broken for over 20 years. Some people still don't realize that.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the commentary by Earl here...

https://youtu.be/9ffTaxX2L68?t=3647

Shane executes a difficult thin cut and Earl compliments himself more than Shane for calling the cut shot. Lol.

EDIT: Earl actually is very complimentary toward Shane. What does he say at 1:01:21 about Shane being the greatest shooter since...? Can't quite make out his words.

Last edited: