APA e-mails are up, is the APA in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Dude...that video...you couldn't teach a frog to jump.

And like I said, a nobody that won nothing is the guy with the biggest mouth. Sucks being a "has been" before you were even a "has". Another railbird that has thoughts he could take down SVB. Hey you coulda been a contender, you coulda been "somebody" LOL

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely right...frogs learn to jump instinctively...just like some poolplayers. The ones that struggle some, and really want to improve, seek out quality professional instruction (one that includes video analysis).

The ones with closed minds (like yours, for instance) can never really improve to their full potential (not even by HAMB). Why? Because you don't know what you don't know. It's always been impossible to teach someone anything new, when they already know it all! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

...you couldn't teach a frog to jump.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And like I said, a nobody that won nothing is the guy with the biggest mouth. Sucks being a "has been" before you were even a "has". Another railbird that has thoughts he could take down SVB. Hey you coulda been a contender, you coulda been "somebody" LOL

I'd run you over son....and you are right I'm nobody.

I don't have a vest full of patches and shelves of 5 inch trophies like yourself.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely right...frogs learn to jump instinctively...just like some poolplayers. The ones that struggle some, and really want to improve, seek out quality professional instruction (one that includes video analysis).

The ones with closed minds (like yours, for instance) can never really improve to their full potential (not even by HAMB). Why? Because you don't know what you don't know. It's always been impossible to teach someone anything new, when they already know it all! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
Be shocked if you could teach me anything except how to hustle people out of 2k without hitting a ball. Best of luck your Fleecing of America Tour.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of you cowboys go to SBE in April or Central PA barbox in 2 weeks?

Message me. You will get played. $500 a set...cause I'm trying to keep it friendly. No handicaps, no marking your pockets, no slop...so you will have to adjust.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
APA is really a major player in an overseas currency hedge fund.
Pool is just a tax write off for the partners.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
And folks like me could care less.

Then why can’t folks like you find something else to talk about?
So you have a poor opinion of league play. I think we all understand that,
you don’t like Scott Lee, I’m sure he’s devastated. You could beat us all
and take all our money, I’m sure you’re the most feared player that no one knows.
Now why don’t you just go away

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then why can’t folks like you find something else to talk about?
So you have a poor opinion of league play. I think we all understand that,
you don’t like Scott Lee, I’m sure he’s devastated. You could beat us all
and take all our money, I’m sure you’re the most feared player that no one knows.
Now why don’t you just go away

Whatever you say hero...best of luck at getting your first break and run patch.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA is really a major player in an overseas currency hedge fund.
Pool is just a tax write off for the partners.

Well they certainly aren't investing the millions in profit on pool. Which is exactly the point. Great a business makes that kind of cash...but that money is not invested in the game. Do any of you guys know what 10 million might do for pool?

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well they certainly aren't investing the millions in profit on pool. Which is exactly the point. Great a business makes that kind of cash...but that money is not invested in the game. Do any of you guys know what 10 million might do for pool?
10 million would be a couple of years worth of some big money added tournaments, or maybe a decent tour for a little while, but I doubt it would last long. There was IPT, Bonus Ball. Now that matchroom is throwing some cash around maybe we'll see something cool happen. It would be nice to see, but I just think pro pool isn't something most people want to watch here in the states.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
IMO there is more a problem with leadership in pro pool. Money would be a short term fix.

They need a strong professional organization that looks out for the needs of the players.
Sponsorship
A national tour

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Scott, on top of that, many bars open their tables on league nights. So, now they are playing 10 or more games for less than $10, plus practicing before hand, and even playing after league is over. Pretty cheap night to play pool all night for under $10.

So, in essence the money they paid is what they would have paid anyways had their been no league to join and they just went out to shoot. I may not agree with all leagues, all the time, but the dues were never a concern. Whoever wants to run that headache every night, I say good luck and keep the change :)

Thats a good point. We are charged $7 and you can play pool for 6 to the league is over around 11. They keep a practice table open all night. That’s pretty cheap entertainment I think lol

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't both post a video of recent play if they have it?

Jeff

Every instructor I've had was either a retired champion or a really strong player turned instructor.

I have met a few instructors that couldn't hit the foot rail in three tries. Whether or not they were good at instructing or not :shrug:.

I've only seen one video of Scott and that's the one in this thread. I'm sure Scott can play or someone else would have chimed in and said otherwise.

As far as an instructor having to be a strong player, well, I've always assumed they should be. I've been wrong before though. Just ask my wife, she'll tell ya real quick...:grin:

Jeff

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of you cowboys go to SBE in April or Central PA barbox in 2 weeks?

Message me. You will get played. $500 a set...cause I'm trying to keep it friendly. No handicaps, no marking your pockets, no slop...so you will have to adjust.

And there it is folks! This circle has come back around so many times it is now a spiral! Back to the money issue, eh? But I do want to thank you. You have proven why pool players have a bad image. And it all comes back to money. Does gambling give you a chubby? You see pool as a completely individual sport. There needs to be a sense of team. That's why the Mosconi Cup Americans lost so many years in a row. 5 very talented players playing like individuals, while the Europeans played like a team. The APA, and other leagues give that team feeling.

Here's how you invest in pool.... get kids into the game. My idea is to donate pool tables to local high schools. Make it an inter school competition....just like football or basketball. Open to all.... male or female. Kids that dont(and do) have the ability to play other sports will have something to participate in... be part of a team. I think it will generate interest. Gambling of any kind will not be tolerated.

Now the hard part.... trying to sell the idea to school authorities. Why? Because of the image of pool players. The image made by people like you. People that think the only way to see who's best is to take (hustle as you put it) their money.

Now, go back to your TV, plug in your worn out VCR tape of the Hustler, and mastrubate while Burt Gorden says the only way to see who's best is to count the money when its over.

Last edited:

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And there it is folks! This circle has come back around so many times now it's a spiral!
Back to the money issue, eh? But I do want to thank you. You have proven why pool players have a bad image. And it all comes back to money. Does gambling give you a chubby?

Here's how you invest in pool.... get kids into the game. My idea is to donate pool tables to local high schools. Make it an inter school competition....just like football or basketball. Open to all.... male or female. Kids that dont(and do) have the ability to play other sports will have something to participate in. I think it will generate interest. Gambling of any kind will not be tolerated.

Now the hard part.... trying to sell the idea to school authorities. Why? Because of the image of pool players. The image made by people like you. People that think the only way to see who's best is to take (hustle as you put it) their money.

Now, go back to your TV, plug your worn out VCR tape of the Hustler, and mastrubate while Burt Gorden says the only way to see who's best is to count the money when its over.
SBC's posts can be aggravating to some at times. I like shooting league but it's not for everyone. Getting more kids into billiards at a young age would obviously be great for the sport and I hope you pursue it.
That being said........ jesus christ you come off like a pompous bastard and I don't think that helps your case. Berating grown ass men for how they spend their leisure time on a board with an actual action room. Gambling does sometimes give me a chubb blackjack, darts, pool, whatever. You mentioned a few pro sports. Well news to you, if you couldn't gamble on it the audience would be greatly diminished.
Snooker got big because you could throw 5 pounds on Higgins down the bookies and go home and watch the tournament.
Also why the hate against Paul Newman, that was a solid flick. You can be against gambling and still appreciate it.
I hope you do well with the junior pool stuff we need it. But get off your high horse, gamblers aren't all degenerate anymore than drinkers are all alcoholics.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apa

My APA has 90 teams by my count. I can't imagine the LO is making more than $40,000 a year and with the number of hours invested I'm guessing that works out to less than $20 an hour.
Please anyone with a deeper understanding about how the money works in the APA can help with my estimation.
But I hardly see where the players are being ripped off by an "greedy LO" in this scenario.
Ball is in your court a-hole

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
90 double jeopardy teams? I don't know your league dues but typically between $7-10 per person per match. Let 's go low to start so $7... 90 teams of 5, each team pays $70 per night (35 for 8-ball, 35 for 9-ball). 90 teams x $70 is $6300 per week. Now multiply that by 48 weeks $302,400. Are you still happy he is being so generous to fund 3 teams to nationals? haha

Bump those dues up to $10 per match and you get $432k

Back to you...

Edit: APA national gets 20% ($60,480)...so $241,920 left for him

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Are you saying that each team plays an 8 ball and 9 ball match per night?

90 double jeopardy teams? I don't know your league dues but typically between $7-10 per person per match. Let 's go low to start so $7... 90 teams of 5, each team pays $70 per night (35 for 8-ball, 35 for 9-ball). 90 teams x $70 is $6300 per week. Now multiply that by 48 weeks $302,400. Are you still happy he is being so generous to fund 3 teams to nationals? haha

Bump those dues up to $10 per match and you get $432k

Back to you...

Edit: APA national gets 20% ($60,480)...so $241,920 left for him

Status
Not open for further replies.