My 1st table. GCII model "E1"

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all, my first post and my first table.

I used to play a lot in the mid 1990's at a pool hall near Albany NY (shooters billiards) and they had mostly GC's. So, to relive some "youth", I decided to buy one. I put a wanted ad on CL and found a couple.

I chose this pretty nice GC and hired a great pair of mover/mechanics to move it 30 miles to my home. I didn't think it would need new felt but they said the felt on it was cheap stuff and very brittle. They said I should change it now since it's apart. That'll be done tomorrow and I'll be playing pool! :)

$1800 all in with the move, the labor, the simonis 860 felt and the table.

Sorry pics were not showing. I'm surprised users are not able to simply upload a picture to a post? Every picture has to be hosted somewhere else first? That's a pain in the butt.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey all, my first post and my first table.

I used to play a lot in the mid 1990's at a pool hall near Albany NY (shooters billiards) and they had mostly GC's. So, to relive some "youth", I decided to buy one. I put a wanted ad on CL and found a couple.

I chose this pretty nice GC and hired a great pair of mover/mechanics to move it 30 miles to my home. I didn't think it would need new felt but they said the felt on it was cheap stuff and very brittle. They said I should change it now since it's apart. That'll be done tomorrow and I'll be playing pool! :)

$1800 all in with the move, the labor, the simonis 860 felt and the table.

Pics are from today when they were breaking it down at the sellers home.

20191211_121843-jpg.27450

20191211_121551-jpg.27451

Congrats, DON, and welcome aboard.

But it's "cloth" not "felt." You're in good company, though. Jeremy Jones calls it felt.

[I don't see any pictures.]

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sset up & preliminary level before new CLOTH goes on tomorrow.

Last edited:

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry pics arent showing.

why cant users here just upload (attach) a pic from their computer? Why does it need to be hosted online before it can be shown here? That's odd. :confused:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

why cant users here just upload (attach) a pic from their computer? Why does it need to be hosted online before it can be shown here? That's odd. :confused:

it doesn't have to be hosted elsewhere.

When posting, scroll down to where you see "Manage Attachments" and click on that. There you can select and upload jpg and similar files that will appear in your posts.

Welcome to azb and welcome back to playing pool.

A GC2 is a very nice table.

Enjoy!

best,
brian kc

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Hey Don,
You can upload pics, but, they can only be a certain size. There is a "manage attachments" section below the section I am typing in right now. Click that and follow the prompts to upload your pics.
Size of the pic matters, you can facebook or something similar and then save(right click, save as) the pic from there. Web versions are smaller files. You could also edit them with a program, I am assuming that is not gonna happen. Good luck

Trent from Toledo

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Don,
You can upload pics, but, they can only be a certain size. There is a "manage attachments" section below the section I am typing in right now. Click that and follow the prompts to upload your pics.
Size of the pic matters, you can facebook or something similar and then save(right click, save as) the pic from there. Web versions are smaller files. You could also edit them with a program, I am assuming that is not gonna happen. Good luck

Trent from Toledo

Trent check your message please

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The ball box trim and feet look bronze finish while the corner castings and rail trim is aluminum. Is it a GC II upper on a GC III frame?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ball box trim and feet look bronze finish while the corner castings and rail trim is aluminum. Is it a GC II upper on a GC III frame?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Kinda looks like a hybrid of GC's.