TAR 39 - Efren vs Shane!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Justin just posted this on Facebook.

"Shane VanBoening won the last All Around against Efren Reyes and Efren offered to play again with his choice of games. Here it is. February 7-9, 2014 the greatest player ever will face Shane Van Boening in an "Efren's Choice" All Around. 1 Pocket, Rotation, and 9 Ball. Details on the set length and PPV to follow."

I think this should be great and if the races are shorter then Efren can win. I feel if they are long sets like race to 30 in 9 ball or anything over 7 or 8 in one pocket then Shane will win again because of Efren's stamina.

Attachments

• 1690252_568051826621034_1760222361_n.jpg
    1690252_568051826621034_1760222361_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 991

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Would love to see some world-class rotation.. I wonder if they'll be playing with Filipino rotation rules.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
This should be interesting. 1-pocket should be close to even, rotation likely favors Efren due to experience. Not sure he should have picked 9-ball, he should have got them to rolled a 3 cushion table into the TAR studio on day 3 and had SVB scratching his head. :p

rheester

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1p and rotation

this will be a sight to see.

i haven't seen world class rotation either. can't wait.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Would love to see some world-class rotation.. I wonder if they'll be playing with Filipino rotation rules.

I am not big on 9 or 10 ball but the rotation has me interested, first time I recall that a challenge match is doing this I think.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I think it's big of Shane to let Efern pick the three types of games this time. I also believe it's going to bite him in the ass. Rotation=ER, 1-hole=ER, 9 ball= SVB. JMO. Will buy PPV on this one...even the 1 hole :eek:. :eek:Johnnyt

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I think 9 is not a bad choice by Efren because the break is not as important as in 10-ball. If Efren plays the way he did on the last day versus Earl, he has every chance of taking Shane down in all three disciplines.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Justin said race to 11 in one pocket per Efren's request, possibly 25 in 9 ball. I said Efren might need a testosterone shot to maintain the play he starts off with, the guy played perfect in the beginning of the one pocket and 10 ball sets against Shane for the first half or so then got weak.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should be interesting. 1-pocket should be close to even, rotation likely favors Efren due to experience. Not sure he should have picked 9-ball, he should have got them to rolled a 3 cushion table into the TAR studio on day 3 and had SVB scratching his head. :p

Sham should win the 9 ball and that is it. In a race to 11 you will really see what Efren can still do playing one hole. and the rotation shouldnt be a question

ralphe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well I had the pleasure playing Efren Rotation and had a blast.
If he gets rollin it's hard to catch up. I think I had one visit at the table in our last 3 Games.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Heck Yeah! A must watch baby!

Hey... Would someone explain the nuts and bolts of rotation as they will play it? I play American Rotation, but it's call ball, and if you miss a called ball - the incoming player can give it back. How might their rotation rules differ? TY!

Last edited:

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think 9 is not a bad choice by Efren because the break is not as important as in 10-ball. If Efren plays the way he did on the last day versus Earl, he has every chance of taking Shane down in all three disciplines.

That's exactly right and I am sure that was a factor and why he chose it over 10 ball..Rotation is Efrens best game...This should be a really good match

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

^^^agreed^^^

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
wow! if it's Filipino rotation, both players should tune-up shooting spotted balls, as well as billiard and carom shots.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
wow! if it's Filipino rotation, both players should tune-up shooting spotted balls, as well as billiard and carom shots.

If it Filipino rotation Shane is going to have his liver, heart, and balls shot off. Johnnyt

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This match is going to be epic, I usally get one day passes, I am getting the package deal this time.

P.S. For the sake of those who want to bet on Efren, can we keep the chess boards far away.