Lucasi (Zero flex point)

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
VERY positive review:

https://www.seyberts.com/lucasi-custom-cues/lucasi-lzcb7-zero-flexpoint-pool-cue/

WOW - just WOW. I'm a Joss man, but wanted to try this because I've heard good things about Lucasi. I WAS IMPRESSED.

Specs:
Implex joint collar
8x10 pin (so McDermott and such shafts will fit)
18.5 oz (wanted to try something a bit different than my standard 19 oz)
12.75 diam
tip: Everest
The shaft has the wood threading like the McDermott's

OK - I ordered a very plain jane cue just to see what all the fuss was about. I was super impressed.

It has a solid - but cushioned - feel to the hit. (Reminds me a bit of my Huebler). Just a super nice feel. It's a completely different hit than the Joss/Schon stiff solid hit - but it is a great feeling hit. It's also exceptionally consistent.
Deflection is minimal for a stock shaft (maybe 1/2 to 3/4" on 8' table)

This $200 cue has replaced my $800 Schon in my primary case as my second player. Not that it's a better cue, but because it's got a different hit than my Joss. And a great hitting cue, just softer with great feedback in the fingertips.

Oh - on a scale of 1-10 .. I'd rate this at an 8.5

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used those for awhile. They are very true and have a good solid hit. I loved it too. I did switch back to my OB. But Lucasi makes pretty good stuff and a really good price.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the review Ched!

It is nice to read your reviews with the descriptions on how the cue feels to you compared to other makers cues, it gives a better understanding of how the cue could feel to me as I know how a schon hits for example :smile: Good work with the revies and glad to hear you like the cue so much!

I used to play with a players HXT when I was starting pool seriously and I still like the way those shafts play even though I have changed to a different cue. They are constructed the same way as Lucasi shafts are made and results in a good hitting shaft, especially when a better ferrule installed to them.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I used those for awhile. They are very true and have a good solid hit. I loved it too. I did switch back to my OB. But Lucasi makes pretty good stuff and a really good price.

I was really surprised at how much I liked the hit of my Lucasi Hybrid. The cue is quality through & through and the pricing is pretty damn impressive.

I've read so much about the OB Cues I just had to order one. I'm guessing via it's construction I'm going to like the hit a lot. Of all the cues I've ever played with, the best hitting cue was an (Original) Dufferin Sneaky Pete. I've asked some people who know way more about cues than I do and they all said it was the flat face joint which allowed so much wood-to-wood contact...like the OB.

Last edited: