Is this a Brunswick???

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing about antique tables is this, they are fun to play on & look at. But the old T-Rail won't give you the same banking result that a Gold Crown or Diamond will give you, in your rail play.

belvederebill1

Registered
The thing about antique tables is this, they are fun to play on & look at. But the old T-Rail won't give you the same banking result that a Gold Crown or Diamond will give you, in your rail play.

I don't build tables so I don't know what T-rail is. I do plan on upgrading the bumpers.

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How far south of Chicago are you? I can recommend one of the best table mechanics in the country for you to get it setup and the rails rebuilt.

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerimy Chambers 708.574.9888 is the way to go. He knows more about antiques tables than anyone you will ever meet. I grew up with him in New Lenox and used to help him move tables.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Looks like a Wendt to me with a Brunswick badge on it. I spoke to a nice lady yesterday at Brunswick and she assured me they never produced a table with that leg design.

Very odd that the table in the link I posted is nearly identical to yours ( except yours has net pockets and the link has a ball return ) AND has an identical badge yours has but in almost pristine condition. That tells me there are at least *two* tables, almost identical in make with the identical Brunswick badge on them, but made by Wendt. Seemingly that would mean, somehow, Brunswick was involved in those tables.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rail on a Gold Crown is held down with a bolt through the top of the rail. It is held in compression & in shear.

The T-Rail is held in place, by a Bolt through the side, in compression only.

belvederebill1

Registered
Jerimy Chambers 708.574.9888 is the way to go. He knows more about antiques tables than anyone you will ever meet. I grew up with him in New Lenox and used to help him move tables.

Thanks!
I have known Him for 20 years and he had a hand in setting up my current table. Great guy that knows his shit!! I lost his number a few months ago when my last phone died. I'm texting with him now.

FYI he has 2 of these tables in his shop!!!

belvederebill1

Registered
Very odd that the table in the link I posted is nearly identical to yours ( except yours has net pockets and the link has a ball return ) AND has an identical badge yours has but in almost pristine condition. That tells me there are at least *two* tables, almost identical in make with the identical Brunswick badge on them, but made by Wendt. Seemingly that would mean, somehow, Brunswick was involved in those tables.

I think people put Brunswick badges on them to get more money for them when selling them before the internet came along.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I think people put Brunswick badges on them to get more money for them when selling them before the internet came along.

Too much of a coincidence, I think, that two nearly identical tables would have identical Brunswick badges. Ask the mechanic... maybe he knows why.