Collectible old pool ball set

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
I have an old complete set of pool balls for sale. I believe they used to refer to these as clay balls used back in the early 60's or before. They appear to be in really good condition. I checked them over and found no chips on any of the balls. I have had them in my possession for about forty five years. I have absolutely no idea what they should sell for so I am taking offers for the set. I have a box with them but I don't know if the box is original or not. I don't remember how I got them or what I paid for them. If interested shoot me an offer. Decided on a price. $120.00 shipped CONUS. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20190124_141128poolballs.jpg
    20190124_141128poolballs.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
317   0   0
a suggestion would be to post them on the Main Forum asking for input on value then once established you can decide if you want to sell and, if so, at what price.

asking for offers is generally frowned upon here on the for sale forum.

cool ball set - good luck

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
I have no idea if it is a mixed ball set. How can you tell? All the balls appear to match to me.

9ballrob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have no idea if it is a mixed ball set. How can you tell? All the balls appear to match to me.

The #6 and #8 are from a set of Brunswick Ivorylene Darts and the others are standard Hyatt fancy O.

Just look at the little marks pointing at the number on those two balls and you will see the others don't have that.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
I see the little marks you are talking about on the #6 and #8. I guess those two balls did indeed come from another set. I think somebody would probably only want them for decoration anyway. When I was young we played with this type of ball and they are heavy. You don't scatter these balls the way you do with Phenolic balls.