brunswick GC2 setup & leveling pics-is this right?

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
There's nothing fishy. It is what it is. I'm going to bow out now. The installer just called me. Evidently, mark got banned from this site and cannot respond. They're all privy to this post and I'm going to end up being the bad guy. I don't want to ruffle anymore feathers.

I may end up having a guy come from out of state to set this up and recloth it. Trying to iron out the details tonight.

:sorry:

D0N,
You are not ruffling feathers here. One thing I recommend is have whoever works on the table take the multiple recovers of staples out and the original tacks out. That is just plain lazy.

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing fishy. It is what it is. I'm going to bow out now. The installer just called me. Evidently, mark got banned from this site and cannot respond. They're all privy to this post and I'm going to end up being the bad guy. I don't want to ruffle anymore feathers.

I may end up having a guy come from out of state to set this up and recloth it. Trying to iron out the details tonight.

:sorry:

No, something is definitely fishy.

Either you didn't speak to the real Mark, or "Bozo Billiard Tech" is using a legit table mechanic's name to gain Mark's referrals. Or this is all a hoax.

If it's not a hoax, and apriceate the advice of the members here sparing your table from doom, you would be doing us all justice to reveal who did the shoddy work in the photos you posted.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should apologize and refund your money. Nothing for you to be ashamed about. Hope you have better luck with the next installers.

No I’m not a mechanic, but good gravy that was bad.

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, something is definitely fishy.

Either you didn't speak to the real Mark, or "Bozo Billiard Tech" is using a legit table mechanic's name to gain Mark's referrals. Or this is all a hoax.

If it's not a hoax, and apriceate the advice of the members here sparing your table from doom, you would be doing us all justice to reveal who did the shoddy work in the photos you posted.

Mark has called and texted me in the last 90 mins. He's 100% aware of this post. He's now backing away from the prior endorsement he gave of my installers.

What would I gain from this if it were a hoax? I'm 53, always wanted a GC pool table... bought my 1st pool table yesterday and just want it set up and reclothed correctly so I can play pool.

I do appreciate the advice of folks here. If it wasn't for you all agreeing with my suspicions, I'd be playing pool right now on a table that wasn't set up 100% right.

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark has called and texted me in the last 90 mins. He's 100% aware of this post. He's now backing away from the prior endorsement he gave of my installers.

What would I gain from this if it were a hoax? I'm 53, always wanted a GC pool table... bought my 1st pool table yesterday and just want it set up and reclothed correctly so I can play pool.

I do appreciate the advice of folks here. If it wasn't for you all agreeing with my suspicions, I'd be playing pool right now on a table that wasn't set up 100% right.

I was pretty sure it wasn't a hoax, but a slim possibility as it's happened on forums before.

Sorry if I offended you, that was not my goal.

Anyway, you probably won't be playing on it tonight, but soon you'll be enjoying it for years to come!

That's a great table !! Post a photo when you get it finished.

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyway, you probably won't be playing on it tonight, but soon you'll be enjoying it for years to come!

That's a great table !! Post a photo when you get it finished.

It seems that my out of state mechanic possibility has fallen through so I'm still seeking a competent tech that can set this table up right and re cloth it asap.

I'm 16 miles west of atlanta.

I can offer free, private, overnight accommodations if someone comes from farther away and doesn't want to drive back home. Bring the significant other and make a fun weekend out of it!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/171704..._impression_id=p3_1576196818_Yv66Lez5dBGfsarf

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It seems that my out of state mechanic possibility has fallen through so I'm still seeking a competent tech that can set this table up right and re cloth it asap.

I'm 16 miles west of atlanta.

I can offer free, private, overnight accommodations if someone comes from farther away and doesn't want to drive back home. Bring the significant other and make a fun weekend out of it!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/171704..._impression_id=p3_1576196818_Yv66Lez5dBGfsarf

I am confused here, if you are in touch with Mark, why can't you just schedule it with him? I am sure he charges appropriately for his work, but, you get what you pay for... I hope this sorts out for you.

Trent from Toledo

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am confused here, if you are in touch with Mark, why can't you just schedule it with him? I am sure he charges appropriately for his work, but, you get what you pay for... I hope this sorts out for you.

Trent from Toledo

He says...

"If I wasn't so busy I would come and make that table right".

I don't mind paying a reasonable price. It's not like I am asking for a free setup & recloth.

Check your messages.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
He says...

"If I wasn't so busy I would come and make that table right".

I don't mind paying a reasonable price. It's not like I am asking for a free setup & recloth.

Check your messages.

I got your message Don:) I understand. I was not insinuating you were being cheap, its obvious you are no fool because you asked the right questions BEFORE you let them finish the job. Be patient and something will work out for you. I wish you the best of luck!

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. Tryint to be patient. We all know how it is to buy a new toy and not be able to use it. It's even worse when much of the new toy is in a pile on the hallway floor.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yep. Tryint to be patient. We all know how it is to buy a new toy and not be able to use it. It's even worse when much of the new toy is in a pile on the hallway floor.

I would at least carefully "un-pile" the parts into a nicer situation until you get someone!

Trent from Toledo

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about posting these installers information , so nobody will get scammed again.

Ya know what?! I will. Screw it! After getting several nasty texts from the legendary mark gregory just now after I asked him to come fix this table...I will tell y'all who these installers are...

They are mark gregorys helpers! I had no idea who I'd hired from atlanta craigslist as my "pool table movers" but come to find out, they're the legendary mark gregorys helpers out moonlighting. That's why they dropped his name and why he vouched for them without seeing pics of the shoddy work.

"They are helpers for me. They would never do this shit with me there"

I have screenshots of the texts if anyone wants to call bullsh*t.

The guy is funny though. I will give him that. For the record I did not negotiate at all on the movers price. They gave me a price of $300, I agreed. I guess I got what I paid for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191213-135518_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20191213-135518_Messages.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya know what?! I will. Screw it! After getting several nasty texts from the legendary mark gregory just now after I asked him to come fix this table...I will tell y'all who these installers are...

They are mark gregorys helpers! I had no idea who I'd hired from atlanta craigslist as my "pool table movers" but come to find out, they're the legendary mark gregorys helpers out moonlighting. That's why they dropped his name and why he vouched for them without seeing pics of the shoddy work.

"They are helpers for me. They would never do this shit with me there"

I have screenshots of the texts if anyone wants to call bullsh*t.

The guy is funny though. I will give him that. For the record I did not negotiate at all on the movers price. They gave me a price of $300, I agreed. I guess I got what I paid for.

I don't really care how good of a mechanic he is. No excuse for interacting with a potential customer like that.

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really care how good of a mechanic he is. No excuse for interacting with a potential customer like that.

Oh, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I can't imagine how this guy is even in business.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My process to level a GC that has leveling feet using a Starrett 98 12" machinist level( also a 6' box level with Starrett on top for the legs lengthwise before frame is on):

1. Assemble legs and leg stretcher= level them both ways using feet.
2. Add frame to base= level again using feet.
3. Add center slate= level again feet.
4. Add both ends= level again feet.
5. then shim to fine tune.

On step #5 you should be using the very thinnest part of a door shim.

Everyone has their own method of leveling. Not saying my way is the "right way", but, I get good results. I wanna see RKC's card method dammit!!

The slates have the dowels, so the seams might line up or require shims. Either way super gluing the slates is a good idea and does not take that much extra time to do.

Just my $0.02.

Trent from Toledo

First off, that's not the original slate to GC1, 2, or 3, second I doubt they're pinned and doweled either. Take a closer look!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a couple guys (who say they've done many GC's) moving and setting up my GC2. It;s my 1st table so Im a total rookie at this BUT while polishing the wood underneath, I noticed the support bars aren't even touching the slate. I can move the wood supports up and down a good 1/4".

Also the wedges theyre using on the outside edges, under the slate, has raised the outside edges of the slate off the wood table base. This just seems wrong to me.

Shouldn't the slate rest completely on the wood table base and then the leveling be done at the feet?

I want to make sure this is 100% right when done. They're coming back today to re-cloth it and finish leveling. They say I'll be playing tonight.

The pics wouldn't show up with the IMG. Maybe you can click the links or copy and paste the links to your web browser?

thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/8ABXxI4

https://imgur.com/a/YuYZD16

https://imgur.com/rTYwJ5r

That's hack work at best!!!

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, that's not the original slate to GC1, 2, or 3, second I doubt they're pinned and doweled either. Take a closer look!!

My slate is definitely doweled. I watched them slide it together. Whether or not it is original... I have no clue. I don't know why it would have been changed?