Cool Bar Box

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While out and about one weekend, we stopped at a local place for some lunch and found this table in there. It wasn’t in the best shape, and needed new felt and probably cushions too, but I thought it was a pretty cool frame.
Anyone ever see one like this?

Attachments

• EC33A975-69D1-488F-97CA-B989058000B5.jpeg
    EC33A975-69D1-488F-97CA-B989058000B5.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 745

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Never have seen one..very ornate, so must be really old. I also like the way they used old theatre seats on a raised platform for spectators.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table is very cool and unique but who ever used that cloth should be shot lol

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup an Irving Kayne. I was going to have one restored for my rec room. But the guy that was working on it had some issues

9ballrob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were many of these tables spread throughout Lincoln, Nebraska bars in the 1980s. We played leagues on them for years. Unlike many bar tables, they used a 2 3/8" cue ball.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
There were many of these tables spread throughout Lincoln, Nebraska bars in the 1980s. We played leagues on them for years. Unlike many bar tables, they used a 2 3/8" cue ball.

I remember them well. Growing up in eastern Nebraska myself.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It so happens that I'm looking for a 6.5' bar box to accompany my GC. But wow, there's no accounting for taste. Also it would seem that a corner to corner shot could damage your cue, knee and other body parts all at once. Ouch. I'll keep looking for a Valley.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It so happens that I'm looking for a 6.5' bar box to accompany my GC. But wow, there's no accounting for taste. Also it would seem that a corner to corner shot could damage your cue, knee and other body parts all at once. Ouch. I'll keep looking for a Valley.

LOL! Yeah, I have to agree with that...only if the space was there I'd probably go Diamond for the bar box.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
While out and about one weekend, we stopped at a local place for some lunch and found this table in there. It wasn’t in the best shape, and needed new felt and probably cushions too, but I thought it was a pretty cool frame.

Played bar pool league on one of those tables around 1970 to 1975.
Damn table was rough on your thighs if you forgot and walked right
into a corner... not to mention hitting 2 balls stretching over a corner.

Why do the lions faces look so shiny? They've been denim polished.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Was this in a donut shop? A few years ago on the way home from a trip to Delaware County in NY on way to MA we stopped by a place that had some interesting donut flavors and they had a table that looked just like that.

This is the pic I got of it. Have not seen one before or since till yours.

Attachments

• PoolTable.jpg
    PoolTable.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
The Reluctant Fisherman Inn in Cordova Alaska has one very similar. I shot a few games on it this last August. It was a little beat up, but I won so I didn't care. :thumbup:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had 1 of those and 4 valleys. That was refered to as " The Lion's Den" as it played waaaay tougher then those old valleys.
Tough to shoot balls down the rails